Any Linked List available - perhaps with Index support ?

Any Linked List available - perhaps with Index support ?

GLASS mailing list

Any information about this topic ?

Re: Any Linked List available - perhaps with Index support ?

GLASS mailing list
Hi Marten,

Indexes are built on UnorderedCollection instances and internally are implemented as B-Trees. To move from one element to the next, use #’selectAsStream:’ (this gives a RangeIndexReadStream instance). This gives you essentially the same behavior as a linked list. Is that sufficient for your needs?

James

On Sep 6, 2018, at 4:06 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any information about this topic ?

Re: Any Linked List available - perhaps with Index support ?

GLASS mailing list

We are considering to introduce buffered tables in our UI - therefore we assume, that we will throw many more calls to retrieve data from the database to give this brilliant UI experience. Up to now Gemstone is only able to deliver the needed speed by a presorted collection of objects - adding filtering makes it even more difficult.

But SortedCollections have other drawbacks ...

Marten

James Foster <[hidden email]> hat am 6. September 2018 um 14:30 geschrieben: