Any chance of updated ETA for D6 ?

The Brave Sir Robin-2
Any chance of a new ETA for D6?  I understand that the delay is due to the
very welcome addition of STS and appreciate that this may take some time
top integrate properly but it would be nice to know how long we'll have to
wait for this much anticipated release.

Cheers

The Brave Sir Robin.

Re: Any chance of updated ETA for D6 ?

Steve Taylor-4
The Brave Sir Robin wrote:
> Any chance of a new ETA for D6?  I understand that the delay is due to the
> very welcome addition of STS and appreciate that this may take some time
> top integrate properly but it would be nice to know how long we'll have to
> wait for this much anticipated release.

Likewise. Part of me is willing to wait as long as it takes - the other
part wants a new toy now now now!

In fact, is there any chance of paying up, getting the beta, and then
getting the real thing once it's ready?

                         Steve

Re: Any chance of updated ETA for D6 ?

Bruno Brasesco
The Brave Sir Robin escribió:
> Any chance of a new ETA for D6?  I understand that the delay is due to the
> very welcome addition of STS and appreciate that this may take some time
> top integrate properly but it would be nice to know how long we'll have to
> wait for this much anticipated release.
>
> Cheers
>
> The Brave Sir Robin.

What is ETA ?

Regards Bruno

Re: Any chance of updated ETA for D6 ?

James Foster-3
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival, commonly used in transportation industry
("Our ETA in London is noon").

"Bruno" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:434312ad$[hidden email]...

> The Brave Sir Robin escribió:
>> Any chance of a new ETA for D6?  I understand that the delay is due to
>> the
>> very welcome addition of STS and appreciate that this may take some time
>> top integrate properly but it would be nice to know how long we'll have
>> wait for this much anticipated release.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> The Brave Sir Robin.
>>

> What is ETA ?
>
> Regards Bruno

Re: Any chance of updated ETA for D6 ?

Andy Bower-3
Brave, Steve,

> > Any chance of a new ETA for D6?  I understand that the delay is due
> > to the very welcome addition of STS and appreciate that this may
> > take some time top integrate properly but it would be nice to know
> > how long we'll have to wait for this much anticipated release.
>
> Likewise. Part of me is willing to wait as long as it takes - the
> other part wants a new toy now now now!
>
> In fact, is there any chance of paying up, getting the beta, and then
> getting the real thing once it's ready?

We are hopeful that you won't have to wait too long. We are just
putting together a beta 2 release (that really should be close to a
Release Candidate). We need to check that the STS integration and other
bug fixes haven't broken anything.

That beta 2 release was intended to go out last Monday but has been
slightly delayed following a couple of disk crashes (yes, two) that
occurred on our SourceSafe machine last week. At one point it looked
like we would lose a week's work since we also had two backup systems
fail on us. However, thanks to some good work by the technical support
people at NovaStor (who supply our remote backup software) we seem to
have recovered most of the files.

Best regards

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Any chance of updated ETA for D6 ?

German Arduino
Andy Bower wrote:

> That beta 2 release was intended to go out last Monday but has been
>
> Best regards

Hi Andy, Folks:

The Beta 2 will be available only to the people that have a key to test
the previous Beta or OA is thinking in a more widely availability?

Cheers.
gsa.