Any desire to have/adapt ClyBrowserMorph>>#confirmDiscardChanges to be a little more informative?

Any desire to have/adapt ClyBrowserMorph>>#confirmDiscardChanges to be a little more informative?

Paul DeBruicker
Right now with Calypso I often have so many windows open with multiple tabs that when it asks me if I want to discard changes I have a hard time seeing or remembering what its even talking about.

Would it be hard to change it from a simple confirmation to a diff viewer of some kind with DiffMorph?

I'd be particularly interested in seeing diffs between the pre-edited version and current.

If that were a thing that were developed would it be integrated or not?

Thanks

Re: Any desire to have/adapt ClyBrowserMorph>>#confirmDiscardChanges to be a little more informative?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Paul DeBruicker wrote
> Right now with Calypso... I have a hard time seeing or remembering what
> its even talking about.

Me too.

Paul DeBruicker wrote
> I'd be particularly interested in seeing diffs between the pre-edited
> version and current.

That would be super cool!

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Any desire to have/adapt ClyBrowserMorph>>#confirmDiscardChanges to be a little more informative?

Richard Sargent (again)

On March 28, 2019 7:24:25 PM PDT, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Paul DeBruicker wrote
>> Right now with Calypso... I have a hard time seeing or remembering
>what
>> its even talking about.
>
>Me too.

One of the things I most love about Smalltalk is the ability to get our hands on the real objects.

And perhaps my greatest frustration is that the implementations make that harder to do. Ideally, every UI would have a "what are you talking about" mechanism that would let us move past the high-level (and inherently limiting) GUI and get our hands on the underlying model.