Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

Julien Delplanque
Hi,

I wonder if there are existing projects/frameworks to create a blog in
pharo?
If there are I suppose they use seaside?

Regards,

Julien

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

stepharo
If you take pier you get a blog out of the box

Le 9/3/15 11:52, Julien Delplanque a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there are existing projects/frameworks to create a blog in
> pharo?
> If there are I suppose they use seaside?
>
> Regards,
>
> Julien

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

Damien Cassou

Pier is a CMS, on top of Seaside. Pier has a blog engine.

Marina is another CMS with a blog engine but simpler and doesn't require Seaside.

On Mar 9, 2015 11:52 AM, "Julien Delplanque" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if there are existing projects/frameworks to create a blog in
pharo?
If there are I suppose they use seaside?

Regards,

Julien

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

EstebanLM
there are also a couple of implementations

I don’t actually know any of them, but if you are looking for a blog without pier… I would probably start there.

Esteban

On 10 Mar 2015, at 13:38, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Pier is a CMS, on top of Seaside. Pier has a blog engine.

Marina is another CMS with a blog engine but simpler and doesn't require Seaside.

On Mar 9, 2015 11:52 AM, "Julien Delplanque" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if there are existing projects/frameworks to create a blog in
pharo?
If there are I suppose they use seaside?

Regards,

Julien

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 10/03/15 13:54, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> there are also a couple of implementations
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/QDBlog
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/CSDBlog
>
> I don’t actually know any of them, but if you are looking for a blog
> without pier… I would probably start there.

The configurations are somewhat broken. Only loadBleedingEdge kind of
works after replacing ensureDirectory by ensureCreateDirectory (4.0/3.1)

Stephan

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

sergio_101
i have made several blogs using pier, and once you get the idea of what is going on, it's a really great system..

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/03/15 13:54, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> there are also a couple of implementations
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/QDBlog
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/CSDBlog
>
> I don’t actually know any of them, but if you are looking for a blog
> without pier… I would probably start there.

The configurations are somewhat broken. Only loadBleedingEdge kind of
works after replacing ensureDirectory by ensureCreateDirectory (4.0/3.1)

Stephan

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

EstebanLM

> On 10 Mar 2015, at 15:31, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 10/03/15 13:54, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>> there are also a couple of implementations
>>
>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/QDBlog
>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/CSDBlog
>>
>> I don’t actually know any of them, but if you are looking for a blog
>> without pier… I would probably start there.
>
> The configurations are somewhat broken. Only loadBleedingEdge kind of works after replacing ensureDirectory by ensureCreateDirectory (4.0/3.1)

yeah, they are probably old…

> Stephan

Re: Any framework to create a blog over seaside?

drush66
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 3:34 PM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
i have made several blogs using pier, and once you get the idea of what is going on, it's a really great system..

I have blog on it, and it is certainly great and flexible to use and in many ways fun and refreshing, once one gets a feeling for its ways.

But getting the version that works  can be daunting process,  and can be burden if someone just wants to blog.

Davorin Rusevljan

On 09/03/15 21:56, stepharo wrote:
> If you take pier you get a blog out of the box
It's no longer maintained isn't it?

On 10/03/15 13:54, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> there are also a couple of implementations
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/QDBlog <http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/QDBlog>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/CSDBlog <http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~mikefilonov/CSDBlog>
>
> I don’t actually know any of them, but if you are looking for a blog without pier… I would probably start there.
>
> Esteban
Yeah I saw these ones but I wanted to know if I wasn't missing other
implementations.

On 10/03/15 16:12, Julien Delplanque wrote:
> On 09/03/15 21:56, stepharo wrote:
>> If you take pier you get a blog out of the box
> It's no longer maintained isn't it?

What do you mean? Diego posted on how to make a
Bootstrap based one.

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3/

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3Addons/

We are missing some tests for the addons.

Stephan

On 10/03/15 17:28, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> On 10/03/15 16:12, Julien Delplanque wrote:
>> On 09/03/15 21:56, stepharo wrote:
>>> If you take pier you get a blog out of the box
>> It's no longer maintained isn't it?
>
> What do you mean? Diego posted on how to make a
> Bootstrap based one.
Oh ok sorry it was a misunderstanding.

Thanks you all!