Any news on PostgreSQL drivers?

jtuchel
VA ST has added support for SQLite somewhere in the 8.6.x version range. That is a good thing for everybody wantng to build small single-user apps with some SQL data store (even in memory).

On the other end of the scale for databases sits PostgreSQL which is a very interesting alternative to DB2 for many commercial and non-commercial settings.

I remember seeing PostgreSQL (and/or MySQL) driver support on some slides in the annual presentations given by John at ESUG and Smalltalks. Is there any concrete schedule for PostgreSQL drivers at the moment?

Joachim

Re: Any news on PostgreSQL drivers?

Bob Brodd
Hi Joachim,

PostgreSQL is one of the top DB's we are considering adding support for, but no additional DB's have not been scheduled for development at this time.  Our primary focus for 9.0 and 9.1 is to get all our platforms 64-bit compatible, so any such development would come in a release after that.

Bob Brodd