Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

The Brave Sir Robin-2
My personal web site doesn't get that much traffic but it does get some
from friends and family. Many of my friends are in the software industry
and are stuck in the stone age and haven't discovered the joys of
Smalltalk.

I thought it might be quite nice to have some OA/Dolphin logos scattered
around, linking to the OA web site. You never know, some of my mates might
be interested and get bitten by the Smalltalk bug.

Does OA have any objection to me doing this ? If you don't object, do you
have any 'approved' logos you'd like me to use and if so, where can I get
them ?

The Brave Sir Robin.
RUN AWAY !!!

Re: Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

Udo Schneider
Count me in for using these banners on DolphinMap as well then.

CU,

Udo

aa

Udo Schneider wrote:
> Count me in for using these banners on DolphinMap as well then.

Yep, I'd be happy to display the banners on my site too - that should
get about 10 pageviews a year :)

btw - dolphinmap.net has an apache configuration problem:
http://www.dolphinmap.net takes me to the main page, but
http://dolphinmap.net just takes me to the standard "you have installed
apache successfuly" page.

> Udo

                     Steve

aa wrote:
> btw - dolphinmap.net has an apache configuration problem:
> http://www.dolphinmap.net takes me to the main page, but
> http://dolphinmap.net just takes me to the standard "you have installed
> apache successfuly" page.
It's not a bug .. it's a feature :-)  Nevertheless it "fixed".
Thanks for the report.

CU,

Udo

Re: Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

Esteban A. Maringolo
Udo Schneider wrote:
> Count me in for using these banners on DolphinMap as well then.

> The Brave Sir Robin wrote:
> > I thought it might be quite nice to have some OA/Dolphin logos scattered
> > around, linking to the OA web site. You never know, some of my mates might
> > be interested and get bitten by the Smalltalk bug.

I was whinking in the same thing, like the "Powered by Wikimedia", or
"Made with Vim", I'll publish some draft versions in the weekend.

Best regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

Andy Bower
Sir Robin,

> My personal web site doesn't get that much traffic but it does get
> some from friends and family. Many of my friends are in the software
> industry and are stuck in the stone age and haven't discovered the
> joys of Smalltalk.
>
> I thought it might be quite nice to have some OA/Dolphin logos
> scattered around, linking to the OA web site. You never know, some of
> my mates might be interested and get bitten by the Smalltalk bug.
>
> Does OA have any objection to me doing this ? If you don't object, do
> you have any 'approved' logos you'd like me to use and if so, where
> can I get them ?

We've certainly no object to your including references and logos on
your site as long as it doesn't make it look like the site has any
direct affiliation with Object Arts. We haven't got any approved logo
bitmaps right now but it's something I'll look into when I get a spare
moment or two.

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Andy Bower wrote:
> We've certainly no object to your including references and logos on
> your site as long as it doesn't make it look like the site has any
> direct affiliation with Object Arts. We haven't got any approved logo
> bitmaps right now but it's something I'll look into when I get a spare
> moment or two.
Well then ... Gentleman, Start Your Engines!

I created a page on Dolphin Map
(http://www.dolphinmap.net/wiki/Dolphin_Smalltalk_Banner) where we can
store different banners and design ideas.

Regards,

Udo

Re: Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

Travis Kay-2
Thanks Udo,

Travis

Udo Schneider wrote:

> Andy Bower wrote:
> > We've certainly no object to your including references and logos on
> > your site as long as it doesn't make it look like the site has any
> > direct affiliation with Object Arts. We haven't got any approved logo
> > bitmaps right now but it's something I'll look into when I get a spare
> > moment or two.
> Well then ... Gentleman, Start Your Engines!
>
> I created a page on Dolphin Map
> (http://www.dolphinmap.net/wiki/Dolphin_Smalltalk_Banner) where we can
> store different banners and design ideas.
>
> Regards,
>
> Udo

Re: Any objection to a bit of OA/Dolphin Advertising/Linking from my web site

The Brave Sir Robin-2
Cheers Udo.

The Brave Sir Robin

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:33:06 +0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I created a page on Dolphin Map
>(http://www.dolphinmap.net/wiki/Dolphin_Smalltalk_Banner) where we can
>store different banners and design ideas.
>
>Regards,
>
>Udo
RUN AWAY !!!