Any reason why startMaintenance30 uses the old error handler?

Any reason why startMaintenance30 uses the old error handler?

GLASS mailing list
Hi Dale,

I am checking in GemStone 3.2.9 and startMaintenance30 is still using the Old style SigAbort hanlder, while startSeaside30_Adaptor  is using the new one.
Is there a particular reason for this? Was it on purpose?
Should I turn startMaintenance30 to use the new approach as well?

Thanks in advance,