Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

Offray
Hi all,

I'm planning to make a web site. Nothing fancy, just a web site for the
grafoscopio project I have told you about already. I started to use
Nikola blog engine[1], but, after a while I thought I want to try
something else, something that can create static web sites like Nikola,
but with more interactive feedback and made in Smalltalk. I have found
Bootstrap for Seaside [2], but I don't want the "Seaside" part in the
sense that I don't want to create any behaviour served by Seaside or
configure any server for that matter, just to put some Smalltalk code
that produces static html powered by boostrap and put it under
distributed source control management, like I do now with my blog. There
is something like that in Pharo/Smalltalk or any approach you suggest me
to make it happen fluidly?

[1] http://getnikola.com/
[2] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

Damien Cassou
Hi Offray,

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas writes:

> I'm planning to make a web site. Nothing fancy, just a web site for the
> grafoscopio project I have told you about already. I started to use
> Nikola blog engine[1], but, after a while I thought I want to try
> something else, something that can create static web sites like Nikola,
> but with more interactive feedback and made in Smalltalk. I have found
> Bootstrap for Seaside [2], but I don't want the "Seaside" part in the
> sense that I don't want to create any behaviour served by Seaside or
> configure any server for that matter, just to put some Smalltalk code
> that produces static html powered by boostrap and put it under
> distributed source control management, like I do now with my blog. There
> is something like that in Pharo/Smalltalk or any approach you suggest me
> to make it happen fluidly?

to describe the content of your webpages, you can use Pillar
(http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar). Pillar leverages Norbert
Hartl's Mustache template engine
(http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~NorbertHartl/Mustache).

If these top are not enough, you can add Marina on top of that
(https://github.com/tide-framework/marina). Just note that (1) Marina is
not maintained and (2) you would have to tweak it a bit to generate
static pages (but this should not be hard because Marina uses Pillar and
Mustache and has been made to produce static pages).

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

stepharo
I would love that too and I was brainstorming on extending Pillar
(wrapping its components into page, menu, section....
But no time to really start it.

Stef

Le 21/2/15 01:46, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to make a web site. Nothing fancy, just a web site for
> the grafoscopio project I have told you about already. I started to
> use Nikola blog engine[1], but, after a while I thought I want to try
> something else, something that can create static web sites like
> Nikola, but with more interactive feedback and made in Smalltalk. I
> have found Bootstrap for Seaside [2], but I don't want the "Seaside"
> part in the sense that I don't want to create any behaviour served by
> Seaside or configure any server for that matter, just to put some
> Smalltalk code that produces static html powered by boostrap and put
> it under distributed source control management, like I do now with my
> blog. There is something like that in Pharo/Smalltalk or any approach
> you suggest me to make it happen fluidly?
>
> [1] http://getnikola.com/
> [2] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

HilaireFernandes
Emacs + .shtml

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

Pierce Ng-3
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 07:46:58PM -0500, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> I'm planning to make a web site. Nothing fancy, just a web site for
> the grafoscopio project I have told you about already. I started to
> use Nikola blog engine[1], but, after a while I thought I want to
> try something else, something that can create static web sites like
> Nikola, but with more interactive feedback and made in Smalltalk.

I wrote my own. Totally run of the mill: runs on Zinc, meta data in JSON,
content in Markdown, templates expressed in Smalltalk using Seaside.  It
started as a static site generator but now serves content dynamically to
support tags.

I edit the Markdown content text files using vim and transfer them to the
server manually. The engine has no web admin interface. Instead, I keep an
inspector on the site object open, and work with it using Smalltalk, e.g. when
I upload new content, I run "self walkContentTree" in the inspector window.
Access to Smalltalk is via RFB. Given that my low volume site, this workflow is
good enough for me.

Pierce
http://www.samadhiweb.com/blog

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

stepharo
I want to do the same with Pillar and a superset of Pillar :)
Is your available so that I can check?

Stef
PS: my web page is currently generated using Pharo but I want something
more declarative.

Le 22/2/15 06:57, Pierce Ng a écrit :

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 07:46:58PM -0500, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
>> I'm planning to make a web site. Nothing fancy, just a web site for
>> the grafoscopio project I have told you about already. I started to
>> use Nikola blog engine[1], but, after a while I thought I want to
>> try something else, something that can create static web sites like
>> Nikola, but with more interactive feedback and made in Smalltalk.
> I wrote my own. Totally run of the mill: runs on Zinc, meta data in JSON,
> content in Markdown, templates expressed in Smalltalk using Seaside.  It
> started as a static site generator but now serves content dynamically to
> support tags.
>
> I edit the Markdown content text files using vim and transfer them to the
> server manually. The engine has no web admin interface. Instead, I keep an
> inspector on the site object open, and work with it using Smalltalk, e.g. when
> I upload new content, I run "self walkContentTree" in the inspector window.
> Access to Smalltalk is via RFB. Given that my low volume site, this workflow is
> good enough for me.
>

> Pierce
> http://www.samadhiweb.com/blog

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

SergeStinckwich
Having a framework to generate static website from Pharo like Jekyll
(http://jekyllrb.com/) or DocPad (https://docpad.org/) would be great
;-)

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

Ben Coman
+1   btw, just a project name that pops into my head is "phykll" = fickle.  Name donated free to a good home ;)
I think its good to rhyme with other well known tools in the same domain, and only 145 hits on google!.
cheers -ben

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

Martin Bähr
Excerpts from Ben Coman's message of 2015-02-22 15:57:49 +0100:
> +1   btw, just a project name that pops into my head is "phykll" = fickle.

fickle means changing frequently, but these are static pages.

so how about "stykll" or "stekyll"  = stickle?
to stick to ones point, like static pages do...

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 07:52:38AM +0100, stepharo wrote:
> Is your available so that I can check?

Not ready for publication, I must say. :-)

Pierce

Re: Any static web site generators for pharo with bootstrap support?

stepharo
Yes now that we have pillar I think that this is the time to investigate
that :).
Because before I was just editing smalltalk code :).