Anyone been confused by the new "configuration" handling in Gembuilder 7.2.2/7.3??

Anyone been confused by the new "configuration" handling in Gembuilder 7.2.2/7.3??

Dennis smith-4
It seems that some config values come from
     GbsConfiguration current
and others from
     GBSM currentSession configuration

Any reason they don't all come from the session instance??

Our problem is that we were turning off  "forwarderDebuggin" which seems
to be taken from "GbsConfiguration current"

--
Dennis Smith                         +1 416.798.7948
Cherniak Software Development Corporation   Fax: +1 416.798.0948

Re: Anyone been confused by the new "configuration" handling in Gembuilder 7.2.2/7.3??

Martin McClure
Dennis Smith wrote:
> It seems that some config values come from
>     GbsConfiguration current
> and others from
>     GBSM currentSession configuration

Yes, this is documented in appendix A of the GBS User's Guide.

> Any reason they don't all come from the session instance??

Previously, none came from the session, all were global. This meant that
all sessions in one client VM had to share the same configuration. The
new scheme allows some parameters to be different between sessions.

It's possible that in the future we'll migrate some of the current
global parameters to become session-specific, but for some parameters
that is not possible. For instance clientMapCapacity cannot have
different values in different sessions because there is only one client
map which is shared by all sessions.

Regards,

-Martin

On 01/03/2010 2:35 PM, Martin McClure wrote:
> Dennis Smith wrote:
>> It seems that some config values come from
>>     GbsConfiguration current
>> and others from
>>     GBSM currentSession configuration
>
> Yes, this is documented in appendix A of the GBS User's Guide.
I did look in the release notes, and it does give a list of items that
come from the
session-config -- I guess then all the rest come from the global??  OK,
I can live!