Anyone did a WABrowser for GemStone?

GLASS mailing list
You know... a little component like a system browser to just browse a bit the system. Nothing fancy.
The WABrowser as is from Seaside does not work in GemStone.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Anyone did a WABrowser for GemStone?

GLASS mailing list
There was one in Seaside2.8, but it wasn't ported from Seaside2.8 to Seaside3.0 ... The class Browser is still in the system:)

It's been missing for quite awhile and noone has asked about it until now:)

Dale

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

There was one in Seaside2.8, but it wasn't ported from Seaside2.8 to Seaside3.0 ... The class Browser is still in the system:)

OK...Great. Thanks Dale. I will see if I have some cycles at some point to give it a try.

It's been missing for quite awhile and noone has asked about it until now:)

It would be a nice addition to have :)

BTW, I thought I may be able to re-vive some of your old web-based tODE (yes, I even watch your conference talks showing web based tODE hahahha), but it seems does not the case, is it?

On 03/01/2016 05:01 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

There was one in Seaside2.8, but it wasn't ported from Seaside2.8 to Seaside3.0 ... The class Browser is still in the system:)

OK...Great. Thanks Dale. I will see if I have some cycles at some point to give it a try.

It's been missing for quite awhile and noone has asked about it until now:)

It would be a nice addition to have :)

BTW, I thought I may be able to re-vive some of your old web-based tODE (yes, I even watch your conference talks showing web based tODE hahahha), but it seems does not the case, is it?

Well the web-based tode was a completely different API ... I carried a number of the ideas and things that I learned from that, but also a lot has shanged ...

The difficult part for doing a web-based tode is the debugger, especially if you end up putting a halt in the Seaside code :) ... There are additional issues, but I think in 3.3 a number of the problems with "debugging GemStone from within the same GemStone vm" have been addressed ...

I've always thought that a way around that would be to run the Seaside client for tODE in a pharo image --- instead of routing things to Morphic windows, things could be routed to Seaside components ... there are a couple of tricky bits going this route --- if you are interested in debugging a running Seaside server using this technique --- but I think that with a Seaside app in the loop, it might be pretty cool ...

Dale