Anyone knows why Sophie was migrated from Squeak/Smalltalk to Java?

Anyone knows why Sophie was migrated from Squeak/Smalltalk to Java?

Offray

Re: Anyone knows why Sophie was migrated from Squeak/Smalltalk to Java?

David Mitchell-10
The squeak-dev list archives are great for questions like this, google

John McIntosh pointed in his reply to this thread on slashdot:

There are some great comments in that thread.

RE: Anyone knows why Sophie was migrated from Squeak/Smalltalk to Java?

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi David,

Couldn’t find john’s comment.  Any pointers?

I like this comment: “You'd probably have an easier time finding skilled Amiga users than skilled smalltalk developers.”

That’s pretty funny.

Ron