Anyone using Aida/Web succesfully in 2020?

Anyone using Aida/Web succesfully in 2020?

Rudolf Rednose
Hello List, happy new year.

i am trying the Aida/Web Server.
This is on Windows.
Installing Squeak like its described on the Webpage:
http://aidaweb.si/download

i := Installer monticello http: 'http://smalltalkhub.com'.
i project: 'mc/Sport/Sport/main';  install: 'Sport-2.031'.
i project: 'mc/Swazoo/Swazoo/main';  install: 'Swazoo-2.3final.2'.
i project: 'mc/Aida/Aida/main'; install: 'Aida6.6-final.3'.

all went fine.
Starting up: "http://localhost:8888/?view=ajax" shows the expected website.
But selecting any "Action Link / TextButton" results in an Halt Signal.

Trying to login as admin results in a Message: "request for unknown or
nonexistent context!"

NOW:
if the system Date is set back to 2019, all issues are gone.
Same results when using the all in One Image from aidaweb.si or even
with an older image Squeak 3.9 and aida Version 5.6
The aidaweb mailing list seems very quite since a long time.

Any hints on how to debug or solve the issue is very much appreciated.

So, is anyone using Aida/Web succesfully in 2020? and if so, how?

Thanks for reading so far

Rudolf

Re: Anyone using Aida/Web succesfully in 2020?

Phil B
Hi Rudolf,

I can only indirectly address your question so it might not be helpful.  I am very actively using a descendant of Aida and haven't had any issues as a result of the new year.  The nonexistent context error *normally* only occurs when a session is killed / times out but a page based on that session is already loaded in your web browser which sends an event (as the result of an action such as a button click or some running browser-side Javascript code) which results in the server needing to locate the session in order to respond.  I can think of a couple of ways a year rollover might result in this sort of error:

1) There could be a problem with the expiration date for Aida-generated cookies.  If the expiration date is hard coded to an expired date, the browser would likely immediately discard them.  The net result would be that when the browser needs to pass the session id back to the server, it doesn't have it to send. (I *think* that's how Aida handles the session id by default but it's been a while since I've run a 'regular' Aida server)

2) There could be problem with the session cleanup logic incorrectly terminating sessions too quickly (or even immediately) on the server.  So be on the lookout for any funny looking date logic/math there.

Phil

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 12:47 PM Rudolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rudolf,

I had a chance to have a quick look at the original Aida code and sure enough it has a hard coded cookie expiration of Jan 1, 2020.  If you set year in AIDASite>>cookieHeaderFor: to something in the future that should resolve the issue.

Phil

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 6:00 PM Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello Phil,

your answer was very helpful and right to the point. Now i can look futher into aida.

Thank you very much

Rudolf