Anyone working on SSL?

allclass
Anyone working on SSL for dolphin? Is there already
a windows SSL that could just be wrapped?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re: Anyone working on SSL?

Chris Uppal-3
[hidden email] wrote:
> Anyone working on SSL for dolphin? Is there already
> a windows SSL that could just be wrapped?

Quoted from a post by Chris Double about 19th December last year.

    -- chris (not the same Chris)

=========================

I'm a newbie to Dolphin Smalltalk and thought I'd cut my teeth by
porting one of my Dylan/Common Lisp packages. It's an interface to
OpenSSL. The package provides the following classes:

SSLSocket
  A socket that can connect talk SSL.

SSLeay32Library
  An interface to the OpenSSL dynamic link libraries.

InternetSocketClient
  Some simple routines for reading/writing sockets and examples of
  using SSLSocket.

I've used it on the various SSL web servers I acccess and it seems to
work fine. Assuming I've packaged things up correctly it should be
available at:

  http://www.double.co.nz/smalltalk

Hope it proves useful.

BTW, I'm quite impressed with Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0. Very nice and
easy to get into for me, a Smalltalk newbie.

Cheers,
Chris.

Re: Anyone working on SSL?

Chris Double-2
[hidden email] writes:

> Anyone working on SSL for dolphin? Is there already
> a windows SSL that could just be wrapped?

http://www.double.co.nz/smalltalk

Wrappers around parts of OpenSSL are there. Enough to read web pages
from SSL sites anyway.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/smalltalk