Appex doesn't like variable names starting with this

Appex doesn't like variable names starting with this

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,

Doing something like:

var thisColum=this.elementNameClass(« div", "col-sm-4");

will result in lots of red and invalidated code.

Changing the variable name to

var aColum=this.elementNameClass(« div », "col-sm-4");

will do just fine.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: Appex doesn't like variable names starting with this

Degen, Vladimir
This is a current bug in the syntax highlighter for JavaScript code.
Note that the code will save and run correctly (even though the syntax highlighter incorrectly flags it as invalid).
Until a bug fix is released, I'd recommend using your current workaround (i.e. avoid using a leading "this" in temp variable names).

--Vlad

Re: Appex doesn't like variable names starting with this

Maarten Mostert-2
Thanks for letting me know, please notice that this Appex things appears incredibly efficient by concept.

Just some minor extra things.

Since I started to write my first javascript (10days ago) my screen is constantly red !!!
I you could dim this to a less violent color intensity by default my eyes would appreciate.

I understand that this involves way more work, and I sure you are aware of this, but I really miss javascript code formatting.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

> Le 6 mars 2015 à 17:10, Degen, Vladimir <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> This is a current bug in the syntax highlighter for JavaScript code.
> Note that the code will save and run correctly (even though the syntax highlighter incorrectly flags it as invalid).
> Until a bug fix is released, I'd recommend using your current workaround (i.e. avoid using a leading "this" in temp variable names).
>
> --Vlad

Jerry Kott-3
Maarten,

In VW System options (the crossed wrenches icon), go to the ‘Editor’ tab, and select ‘Default Chrome’. That’s probably the closest you’d get to a JS ‘standard’.

Jerry Kott
This message has been digitally signed.
PGP Fingerprint:
A9181736DD2F1B6CC7CF9E51AC8514F48C0979A5