Application Deployment Manifest File references non-existent Class

Application Deployment Manifest File references non-existent Class

Udo Schneider
If I try to browse a package manifest file for an (successfully!)
deployed App I'll get an not found error for a class "CurrencyToText".
This class is referenced from the manifest file but not part of the image.

I created a ticket with the package and manifest file.

Regards,

Udo

PS: Even if this the second complaint this evening ... excellent work
you did. I really like the new UI look&feel (especially the lookup
function!). And the help integration is something many of us asked for :-)

Re: Application Deployment Manifest File references non-existent Class

Ian Bartholomew-20
Udo,
> If I try to browse a package manifest file for an (successfully!)
> deployed App I'll get an not found error for a class "CurrencyToText".
> This class is referenced from the manifest file but not part of the image.

I'm not sure what a "package manifest file" is, but the CurrencyToText
class is one of my goodies.  The goodies were packaged with the image in
beta 1 but they are not in beta 2 (thanks Andy - it makes things a lot
easier :-)).

I'm going to update the goodies for beta 2 later and will post a
download url when I have ...

Ian

Ian Bartholomew wrote:
> Udo,
>
>> If I try to browse a package manifest file for an (successfully!)
>> deployed App I'll get an not found error for a class "CurrencyToText".
>> This class is referenced from the manifest file but not part of the
>> image.
If you deploy an app Lagoon writes an XML Manifest file which can then
be browsed using the Executable Browser. The Manifest file allows you to
  see which classes/resources are in the /deployed/ app.

CU,

Udo

Re: Application Deployment Manifest File references non-existent Class

Ian Bartholomew-20
Udo,

> If you deploy an app Lagoon writes an XML Manifest file which can then
> be browsed using the Executable Browser. The Manifest file allows you to
>  see which classes/resources are in the /deployed/ app.

Gotcha.  I still call it the log file - and always turn it off when
deploying :-).

BTW, the CurrencyToText package looks like it's going to be unchanged
(on first look) so you can just use the beta 1 version if you want.

Ian

Re: Application Deployment Manifest File references non-existent Class

Udo Schneider
Ian,

> Gotcha.  I still call it the log file - and always turn it off when
> deploying :-).
Let's agree on lagoon file thingie :-)

> BTW, the CurrencyToText package looks like it's going to be unchanged
> (on first look) so you can just use the beta 1 version if you want.
Based on further investigation I assume that something within the image
(system dictionary, view reference ... whatever) is still holding a
reference
to the class (name) without the class itself being in the image. But the
"lagoon file thingie" still marks this file as being stripped. So the
Executable Browser assumes this class to be part of the image ...

CU,

Udo