Application screenshots

Gary Chambers-4
Some coming for our (Pinesoft) first "shrink wrapped" product solution. Pharo based, of course ;-)

Give me an hour or so, will be on my Flickr pages since given the go-ahead.

Regards, Gary

Re: Application screenshots

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Great, thanks, good luck, can't wait, etc.

Some coming for our (Pinesoft) first "shrink wrapped" product solution. Pharo based, of course ;-)

Give me an hour or so, will be on my Flickr pages since given the go-ahead.

Regards, Gary

Re: Application screenshots

Gary Chambers-4

Some explanation...

The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with polywrap etc.

MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)

Sorry for "plug" bust some details here: http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts

Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.

All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners, based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all customisable via configuration files (XML-based).

Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this possible.

Regards, Gary
Great, thanks, good luck, can't wait, etc.

Some coming for our (Pinesoft) first "shrink wrapped" product solution. Pharo based, of course ;-)

Give me an hour or so, will be on my Flickr pages since given the go-ahead.

Regards, Gary

Re: Application screenshots

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks this is good to hear that.
At Smalltalk I show http://www.ibizlog.com which is pharo based.

Stef
On Nov 20, 2009, at 6:57 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Here for now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/sets/72157601659393251/
>
> Some explanation...
>
> The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with polywrap etc.
>
> MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)
>
> Sorry for "plug" bust some details here: http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts
>
> Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.
>
> All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners, based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all customisable via configuration files (XML-based).
>
> Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this possible.
>
> Regards, Gary

Adrian Lienhard
Great, thanks for sharing!

I added an entry to the top of http://www.pharo-project.org/about/success-stories

If other companies like to get their Pharo project featured on the
success stories page, please send me information.

Cheers,
Adrian

On Nov 20, 2009, at 18:57 , Gary Chambers wrote:

> Here for now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/sets/72157601659393251/
>
> Some explanation...
>
> The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling
> of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often
> the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with
> polywrap etc.
>
> MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with
> algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically
> available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)
>
> Sorry for "plug" bust some details here: http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts
>
> Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of
> Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.
>
> All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple
> to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially
> implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded
> into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image
> processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners,
> based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for
> other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam
> support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all
> customisable via configuration files (XML-based).
>
> Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this
> possible.
>
> Regards, Gary

Miguel Cobá
El vie, 20-11-2009 a las 19:25 +0100, Adrian Lienhard escribió:
> Great, thanks for sharing!
>
> I added an entry to the top of http://www.pharo-project.org/about/success-stories
>
> If other companies like to get their Pharo project featured on the
> success stories page, please send me information.

That screenshot is wrong. That is for squeak.
The correct ones are

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335276/in/set-72157601659393251/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4119560271/in/set-72157601659393251/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335614/in/set-72157601659393251/
and more suitable
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335838/in/set-72157601659393251/

Cheers

> Cheers,
> Adrian
>

> On Nov 20, 2009, at 18:57 , Gary Chambers wrote:
>
> > Here for now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/sets/72157601659393251/
> >
> > Some explanation...
> >
> > The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling
> > of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often
> > the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with
> > polywrap etc.
> >
> > MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with
> > algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically
> > available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)
> >
> > Sorry for "plug" bust some details here: http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts
> >
> > Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of
> > Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.
> >
> > All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple
> > to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially
> > implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded
> > into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image
> > processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners,
> > based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for
> > other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam
> > support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all
> > customisable via configuration files (XML-based).
> >
> > Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this
> > possible.
> >
> > Regards, Gary

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Application screenshots

Gary Chambers-4
Of course, the screenshot piccy is from our "Report Builder"... though that
will be integrated into the "Enterprise" version for customisation of the
relabels (Database/barcode integration etc.). More reuse coming for that!
Thanks for the exposure though, perhaps change the pic to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335614/in/set-72157601659393251/

Regards, Gary

> If other companies like to get their Pharo project featured on the
> success stories page, please send me information.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>

> On Nov 20, 2009, at 18:57 , Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> Here for now:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/sets/72157601659393251/
>>
>> Some explanation...
>>
>> The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling
>> of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often
>> the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with
>> polywrap etc.
>>
>> MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with
>> algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically
>> available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)
>>
>> Sorry for "plug" bust some details here:
>> http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts
>>
>> Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of
>> Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.
>>
>> All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple
>> to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially
>> implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded
>> into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image
>> processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners,
>> based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for
>> other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam
>> support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all
>> customisable via configuration files (XML-based).
>>
>> Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this
>> possible.
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Yes, must get my head around how Flickr organises Sets/Collections (clearly
different to Smalltalk, lol) to help clarify...

Regards, Gary

> El vie, 20-11-2009 a las 19:25 +0100, Adrian Lienhard escribió:
>> Great, thanks for sharing!
>>
>> I added an entry to the top of
>> http://www.pharo-project.org/about/success-stories
>>
>> If other companies like to get their Pharo project featured on the
>> success stories page, please send me information.
>
> That screenshot is wrong. That is for squeak.
> The correct ones are
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335276/in/set-72157601659393251/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4119560271/in/set-72157601659393251/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335614/in/set-72157601659393251/
> and more suitable
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335838/in/set-72157601659393251/
>
> Cheers
>

>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>

>> On Nov 20, 2009, at 18:57 , Gary Chambers wrote:
>>
>> > Here for now:
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/sets/72157601659393251/
>> >
>> > Some explanation...
>> >
>> > The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling
>> > of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often
>> > the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with
>> > polywrap etc.
>> >
>> > MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with
>> > algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically
>> > available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)
>> >
>> > Sorry for "plug" bust some details here:
>> > http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts
>> >
>> > Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of
>> > Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.
>> >
>> > All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple
>> > to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially
>> > implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded
>> > into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image
>> > processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners,
>> > based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for
>> > other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam
>> > support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all
>> > customisable via configuration files (XML-based).
>> >
>> > Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this
>> > possible.
>> >
>> > Regards, Gary

I changed the image to the one you suggested below.

Adrian

On Nov 20, 2009, at 19:34 , Gary Chambers wrote:

> Of course, the screenshot piccy is from our "Report Builder"...
> though that
> will be integrated into the "Enterprise" version for customisation
> of the
> relabels (Database/barcode integration etc.). More reuse coming for
> that!
> Thanks for the exposure though, perhaps change the pic to
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335614/in/set-72157601659393251/
>
> Regards, Gary

Ar, good choice (personally I quite like the translucency/overlay aspect).

Regards, Gary

> If other companies like to get their Pharo project featured on the
> success stories page, please send me information.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>

> On Nov 20, 2009, at 18:57 , Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> Here for now:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/sets/72157601659393251/
>>
>> Some explanation...
>>
>> The application is designed to improve efficiency with relabelling
>> of packages/groups-of-packages within the logistics industry. Often
>> the pre-existing labelling is hard to read and/or covered with
>> polywrap etc.
>>
>> MBagger provides a simple means of rescanning labels with
>> algorithmic clean-up suitable for re-printing with commerically
>> available thermal printers (1 bit per pixel)
>>
>> Sorry for "plug" bust some details here:
>> http://www.pinesoft.co.uk/what/logisticsproducts
>>
>> Certainly an interesting project. Leveraging the lean approach of
>> Pharo with the visual appeal of Polymorph.
>>
>> All designed to be fully usable with just a touchscreen and simple
>> to use. Runs happlily on an Eeetop..., image processing initially
>> implemented in Smalltalk, optimised in Smalltalk then transcoded
>> into Slang for a plugin. Sharpen filter taken from Diego's image
>> processing library. Custom hardware support for Datalogic scanners,
>> based around an asynchronous device framework developed in house for
>> other projects (who say we can't get large-scale reuse!). Webcam
>> support is also available (VideoForLinux plugin) if required, all
>> customisable via configuration files (XML-based).
>>
>> Here's to all the dedicated Pharo users for helping to make this
>> possible.
>>
>> Regards, Gary

you can put a link to www.ibizlog.com
:)

Stef
On Nov 20, 2009, at 9:13 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> I changed the image to the one you suggested below.
>
> Adrian
>
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 19:34 , Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> Of course, the screenshot piccy is from our "Report Builder"...
>> though that
>> will be integrated into the "Enterprise" version for customisation
>> of the
>> relabels (Database/barcode integration etc.). More reuse coming for
>> that!
>> Thanks for the exposure though, perhaps change the pic to
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335614/in/set-72157601659393251/
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Do we have slightly more information than the link alone? E.g., a
short description of the service and something about the company that
provides the service?

Adrian

On Nov 20, 2009, at 21:55 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Adrian
>
> you can put a link to www.ibizlog.com
> :)
>
> Stef
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 9:13 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> I changed the image to the one you suggested below.
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Nov 20, 2009, at 19:34 , Gary Chambers wrote:
>>
>>> Of course, the screenshot piccy is from our "Report Builder"...
>>> though that
>>> will be integrated into the "Enterprise" version for customisation
>>> of the
>>> relabels (Database/barcode integration etc.). More reuse coming for
>>> that!
>>> Thanks for the exposure though, perhaps change the pic to
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12018791@N06/4120335614/in/set-72157601659393251/
>>>
>>> Regards, Gary

online end user shops.

"It is a simple and easy online system you can use to create your own website online in order to promote and sell your products or services. Create your website now!"

Stef