ArangoDB

Joe Shirk
I immediately thought http://www.arangodb.org/ would be of interest to the Amber and NXT community, especially in terms of D-Apps, for which I think Amber is ideal. ArangoDB's advantages over SQL data store should be readily apparent.

A few highlights:

Multi-model database - Model your data using flexible combinations of key-value pairs, documents and graphs.
Sharding - Benefit from ArangoDB’s rich feature set even when using distributed collections.
Convenient querying - AQL is a declarative query language similar to SQL. Other options are REST and querying by example.
Extendable through JS - No language zoo: you can use one language from your browser to your backend.
Foxx – Build your own API and applications with JavaScript and ArangoDB. Foxx runs inside the DB with full access to the data and it is fast.
Space efficiency - ArangoDB takes less space than other document stores due to the idea of “schema-free schemata.”
High performance - ArangoDB is fast although it has a rich feature set.
Multi-platform - Runs on Windows, Linux, OSX and even Raspberry Pi.
Open source and free - ArangoDB is available under the Apache 2 license.

Re: ArangoDB

Hannes Hirzel
Joe,

There are many NoSQL dbs (key-value stores).

How does ArangoDB differ for example  from Apache couchDB
(http://couchdb.apache.org/#about) which has been around for quite
some time by now?

A couchDB service to try out: http://www.cloudant.org/

--Hannes