ArchiveViewer rescue to Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks: Yesterday with Stef  we rescued ArchiveViewer from Squeak 3.9. This little tool is integrated to the FileList browser and let you unzip and zip files and stuff like this.

The only thing we have to change in the core is this: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1701

To use it, you need PharoCore version 11118  which integrates that fix  (you can take and old image and load that slice).

and you must download the package ArchiveViewer from 'http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras'
It will then be part of the pharo dev I guess.

Example:

1) Open the File Browser
2) Select a zip file and you will see the options "Open zip" and "extract all"
3) After opening the zip you have a pop up with different options.

I have a problem here that is using the ugly fonts instead of the StrikeFonts or even TrueType. Does someone know how can I fix this?

The ArchiveViewer repository is global read/write so you can commit :)

Thanks!

Mariano

Re: ArchiveViewer rescue to Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
The idea under the little experiment was to see also how the metacello map for pharo
can be updated to add package that we remove from the core :)
It seems straighforward. Now this is more the infrastructure of the scriptloader that should be updated.

Stef