Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

Is there a standard library access and make calculations from the
distributions mentioned in the subject of this email?  I'm interested
in random draws from those distributions.  I haven't found anything
looking in the image or on squeaksource. Thanks

Paul

Re: Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

Paul DeBruicker
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:14:55 +0200
Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have a look in the "Chapter 21: Probability Distributions" of
> "Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation By Adele Goldberg
> and DavidRobson; Xerox Palo Alto Research Center ISBN 0-201-11371-6.
> 344 pp. 1983" (http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html).
>
> I am sure that you can find a file-out of the code described in the
> book with Google.
> Lukas

OK Thanks.

I found this book:
http://books.google.com/books?id=QPX7_MP8w5UC&lpg=PP1&ots=bIsemiaRUC&dq=didier%20besset%20smalltalk&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Then from that found this code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dhbnumerics/

Then checked with the maintainers of that code and got permission to
post it up on squeaksource here:
http://www.squeaksource.com/DHBNumerical.html

It seems to work just fine for what I needed.

Thanks again

Paul