Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

Mariano Martinez Peck
if true...then what are you wainting for?

http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors

Send you data and nice picture :)

Seriously, it is important for marketing among other things. Imagine you arrive to a new project...it is good to see that there are several contributing to it. Probably this page is not the best, but is something more.

Mariano

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Added !

Laurent.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Laurent,

I'd like to be added to http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors . My picture is attached. Description text could be "Contributed the default anti-aliased fonts and the SimpleMorphic UI framework. Web page at www.jvuletich.org".

Thank you.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

EstebanLM
Oh, well...

Esteban Lorenzano
Owner of Smallworks (http://smallworks.com.ar)
Contributor on several projects, like DBXTalk (http://squeakdbx.org), etc.
We use Pharo for everything we do :)

And here is my picture:

El 14/04/2011, a las 10:46a.m., Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

[...]

SergeStinckwich
I think it's a great idea to have a picture and short description.
Maybe we could have something more uniform with the same size for each picture ?
Regards,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> if true...then what are you wainting for?
>
> http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors
>
> Send you data and nice picture :)
>
> Seriously, it is important for marketing among other things. Imagine you
> arrive to a new project...it is good to see that there are several
> contributing to it. Probably this page is not the best, but is something
> more.
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Added !
>> Laurent.
>> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Laurent,
>>>
>>> I'd like to be added to
>>> http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors . My picture is
>>> attached. Description text could be "Contributed the default anti-aliased
>>> fonts and the SimpleMorphic UI framework. Web page at www.jvuletich.org".
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think it's a great idea to have a picture and short description.
Maybe we could have something more uniform with the same size for each picture ?

Yes sure, and maybe put a kind of table were each of us is a row, and all data is one column and the picture is another one. So they are aligned.

But first the first :)  Get the contributors and then we take care about the make up ehehe

Laurent may be able to take care about the makeup ?

Cheers

Mariano

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> if true...then what are you wainting for?
>
> http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors
>
> Send you data and nice picture :)
>
> Seriously, it is important for marketing among other things. Imagine you
> arrive to a new project...it is good to see that there are several
> contributing to it. Probably this page is not the best, but is something
> more.
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Added !
>> Laurent.
>> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Laurent,
>>>
>>> I'd like to be added to
>>> http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors . My picture is
>>> attached. Description text could be "Contributed the default anti-aliased
>>> fonts and the SimpleMorphic UI framework. Web page at www.jvuletich.org".
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-users] Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

laurent laffont

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think it's a great idea to have a picture and short description.
Maybe we could have something more uniform with the same size for each picture ?

Yes sure, and maybe put a kind of table were each of us is a row, and all data is one column and the picture is another one. So they are aligned.

We should just adapt the CSS. I don't know how to modify it in CMSBox.

Laurent

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> if true...then what are you wainting for?
>
> http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors
>
> Send you data and nice picture :)
>
> Seriously, it is important for marketing among other things. Imagine you
> arrive to a new project...it is good to see that there are several
> contributing to it. Probably this page is not the best, but is something
> more.
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Added !
>> Laurent.
>> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Laurent,
>>>
>>> I'd like to be added to
>>> http://www.pharo-project.org/community/contributors . My picture is
>>> attached. Description text could be "Contributed the default anti-aliased
>>> fonts and the SimpleMorphic UI framework. Web page at www.jvuletich.org".
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-users] Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

Adrian Lienhard
I think the most important thing is to make all pictures the same width and height. Then I wouldn't do a table, but rather add filters. For instance, this would allow the visitor to filter for people by country and possibly other properties (like university, industry, ...). Another improvement would be to print the names as a heading (they are just normal text now).

If somebody likes to help with this, pls contact me.

Adrian

On Apr 14, 2011, at 16:42 , laurent laffont wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Serge Stinckwich <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I think it's a great idea to have a picture and short description.
>>> Maybe we could have something more uniform with the same size for each
>>> picture ?
>>>

>> Yes sure, and maybe put a kind of table were each of us is a row, and all
>> data is one column and the picture is another one. So they are aligned.
>>

> We should just adapt the CSS. I don't know how to modify it in CMSBox.
>
> Laurent
>

>> But first the first :)  Get the contributors and then we take care about
>> the make up ehehe
>>
>> Laurent may be able to take care about the makeup ?
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>>> Regards,

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> anti-aliased
>>> www.jvuletich.org".

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
>>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>>> http://doesnotunderstand.org/
>>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

Diogenes Moreira
Ok.. Well

Diógenes Alberto Moreira
CTO at Ilon S.A. and CTO at Sociadad Anonima para la Salud S.A. (www.ilon.com.ar
Contributor on DBXTalk (http://squeakdbx.org), and other projects.

Smalltalker And Pharo's lover :)

Best

photo.jpg (8K) Download Attachment

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Diogenes Moreira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok.. Well

Diógenes Alberto Moreira
CTO at Ilon S.A. and CTO at Sociadad Anonima para la Salud S.A. (www.ilon.com.ar
Contributor on DBXTalk (http://squeakdbx.org), and other projects.

Smalltalker And Pharo's lover :)

No photo, no entry ;)

Laurent

[...]

Luc Fabresse
Hi Guys,

Please add me too.

----
Luc Fabresse
Permanent researcher at *Ecole des Mines de Douai>http://www.mines-douai.fr*.
Use Pharo for teaching and research projects.

Treasurer of ESUG and Pharo Association.
-----

#Luc

2011/4/14 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
[...]

luc-identite.png (55K) Download Attachment

Re: Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Mariano,

    can you change my text to

"Independent Consultant.  Contributed the Cog VM (http://www.mirandabanda.org/cog), originator of method tags."

and my picture to the attached?

TIA

Crop.jpg (195K) Download Attachment

Re: Are you a Pharo contributor ??? [WAS] Re: Pharo Open Source Smalltalk — Contributors

laurent laffont
Done.

Have I really read "Treasurer of ESUG and ***Pharo Association***" ?

Laurent

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys,

Please add me too.

----