Arki

Uko2
Hi everyone,

I am wandering if anyone is using Arki. If yes, please tell me if it’s missing something, or what you like about it. Of no, then again why?

I want to try to implement something cool in terms of bug prediction in software, and have a real use cases will be very useful.

Cheers.
Uko

Re: Arki

Tudor Girba-2
I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:
- Rule1: A, B, C
- Rule2: A, D

Then, if I go to A outside of Arki, I should see that it is involved in two rules.

Doru

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am wandering if anyone is using Arki. If yes, please tell me if it’s missing something, or what you like about it. Of no, then again why?

I want to try to implement something cool in terms of bug prediction in software, and have a real use cases will be very useful.

Cheers.
Uko

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Arki

Nicolas Anquetil

Vincent started to think about a new API to express queries
It is in the FASTER (Fast Reengineering) project.

It could use some polishing.

On a more general level, a mean to define rules without being an expert in arki nor moose would be nice.
(ad don't ask me because I don't know how to do it)

nicolas

On 07/04/2014 15:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:

On 07 Apr 2014, at 15:57, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:
- Rule1: A, B, C
- Rule2: A, D

Then, if I go to A outside of Arki, I should see that it is involved in two rules.

Cool. I had the same ideas. Will try to do that. Also can you share with me what kind of rules you are defining in Arki?

Uko

On 07 Apr 2014, at 17:49, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

Vincent started to think about a new API to express queries
It is in the FASTER (Fast Reengineering) project.

It could use some polishing.

On a more general level, a mean to define rules without being an expert in arki nor moose would be nice.
(ad don't ask me because I don't know how to do it)

Would be interesting. Can you tell me what kind of rules do you want to define, so I can think about some kind of automation?

Uko

nicolas

On 07/04/2014 15:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:
- Rule1: A, B, C
- Rule2: A, D

Then, if I go to A outside of Arki, I should see that it is involved in two rules.

Doru

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am wandering if anyone is using Arki. If yes, please tell me if it’s missing something, or what you like about it. Of no, then again why?

I want to try to implement something cool in terms of bug prediction in software, and have a real use cases will be very useful.

Cheers.
Uko

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Arki

Stéphane Ducasse
It would be good to be able to express rules like in Sonar.
Andre developed all the SmallLint rules as rules on top of famix a while ago so you should ask him.
Stef

Vincent started to think about a new API to express queries
It is in the FASTER (Fast Reengineering) project.

It could use some polishing.

On a more general level, a mean to define rules without being an expert in arki nor moose would be nice.
(ad don't ask me because I don't know how to do it)

Would be interesting. Can you tell me what kind of rules do you want to define, so I can think about some kind of automation?

Uko

nicolas

On 07/04/2014 15:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:
- Rule1: A, B, C
- Rule2: A, D

Then, if I go to A outside of Arki, I should see that it is involved in two rules.

Doru

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am wandering if anyone is using Arki. If yes, please tell me if it’s missing something, or what you like about it. Of no, then again why?

I want to try to implement something cool in terms of bug prediction in software, and have a real use cases will be very useful.

Cheers.
Uko

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Arki

Andre Hora

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be good to be able to express rules like in Sonar.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that Sonar's rules are PMD, FindBugs and Checkstyle rules.
Sonar "only" has an importer from for such static analysis tools...

Andre developed all the SmallLint rules as rules on top of famix a while ago so you should ask him.

Yes!
There are about 40 rules implemented on top of Famix, which were inspired from SmallLint ones.
You can find the code of the rules here:
Gofer new
  package: 'OnMooseModel-Report';
package: 'OnSmalltalkModel-Report';
  load.

Stef

Vincent started to think about a new API to express queries
It is in the FASTER (Fast Reengineering) project.

It could use some polishing.

On a more general level, a mean to define rules without being an expert in arki nor moose would be nice.
(ad don't ask me because I don't know how to do it)

Would be interesting. Can you tell me what kind of rules do you want to define, so I can think about some kind of automation?

Uko

nicolas

On 07/04/2014 15:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:

On 16 Apr 2014, at 14:39, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be good to be able to express rules like in Sonar.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that Sonar's rules are PMD, FindBugs and Checkstyle rules.
Sonar "only" has an importer from for such static analysis tools...

Andre developed all the SmallLint rules as rules on top of famix a while ago so you should ask him.

Yes!
There are about 40 rules implemented on top of Famix, which were inspired from SmallLint ones.
You can find the code of the rules here:
Gofer new
   package: 'OnMooseModel-Report';
package: 'OnSmalltalkModel-Report';
   load.

Thank you Andre. This is very useful.

Uko

Stef

Vincent started to think about a new API to express queries
It is in the FASTER (Fast Reengineering) project.

It could use some polishing.

On a more general level, a mean to define rules without being an expert in arki nor moose would be nice.
(ad don't ask me because I don't know how to do it)

Would be interesting. Can you tell me what kind of rules do you want to define, so I can think about some kind of automation?

Uko

nicolas

On 07/04/2014 15:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
I am using it. I have little time right now, but it clearly misses an editor. I would like to be able to add/remove/edit the rules from within the browser.

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with:

pharo4Stef@free.fr

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be good to be able to express rules like in Sonar.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that Sonar's rules are PMD, FindBugs and Checkstyle rules.
Sonar "only" has an importer from for such static analysis tools...

Not really they have their own parsers and symbols resolution and they produce more and more specific
rules. I talked with one of the developers I know there.

[...]

From a model point of view, I would like to have a link between the entities and the rules in which they appear. For example, if I have 2 rules with: