Article On Modern Smalltalk

blake watson
Hello, folks--

I've been commissioned to write an article on modern Smalltalk and
wanted to solicit feedback on what people thought the most interesting
and useful aspects to cover would be. Obviously I wanted to talk about
Squeak, Pharo, Amber, and at least touch on Lively, and talk about the
commercial offerings (Dolphin, VAST, VW), and then there's Seaside and
GLORP and Spoon and Cuis and...etc. etc. etc.

Since it's not a book, I can't possibly cover everything, so I want to
hit the highlights, and I'm trying to avoid being overly insular
(e.g., only talking about  what are the highlights for me).

Any and all comments welcome.

===Blake===

Re: Article On Modern Smalltalk

blake watson
Thanks for the feedback so far. Gemstone/S will certainly be in there:
Thank you, Dale, I might have overlooked that.

Alexandre: Yes, that is something I'm very interested in. Any kind of
live, linkable projects that demonstrate ST in real-world use.

I'm glad to hear Squeak.org is being updated. That was one of my first
stops and the link rot there is impressive.

All that said, while I want to touch on a lot of things, I'm not
creating a link dump. I want to focus more heavily on a few things. I
want to show people things that make them think "Man, I'm gonna go
check that out!"

There's probably an encyclopedia worth of stuff out there; I want to
hit the highest of the high notes.