AspectMaps website

jfabry
Hi all,

I have the AspectMaps website in a more or less presentable state. Maybe it would be worthwhile linking to it from the tools page on moosetechnology.org The URL is http://pleiad.cl/aspectmaps

The screencast is very basic right now, I hope to find some time soon to make it more fancy, showing more features and adding voice to explain what is going on.

In any case, comments are always welcome!
--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: AspectMaps website

Tudor Girba
Hi Johan,

Nice work. I added a page here:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/aspectmaps

A couple of questions:
- How should AspectMaps be loaded?
- What is the process of getting the info all the way from Eclipse
through XCut Report and in Moose?
- What is the license? (the SqueakSource project does not specify one)

Cheers,
Doru

On 16 Apr 2010, at 23:03, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have the AspectMaps website in a more or less presentable state.
> Maybe it would be worthwhile linking to it from the tools page on
> moosetechnology.org The URL is http://pleiad.cl/aspectmaps
>
> The screencast is very basic right now, I hope to find some time
> soon to make it more fancy, showing more features and adding voice
> to explain what is going on.
>
> In any case, comments are always welcome!
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: AspectMaps website

jfabry

On 17 Apr 2010, at 05:47, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> Nice work. I added a page here:
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/aspectmaps

Thanks and thanks! I propose the following text for the page:

AspectMaps is an interactive software visualization tool built to aid the understanding of aspect-oriented software systems. AspectMaps visualizes selected join point shadows (a.k.a. shadow points): locations in the source code that at run-time produce a join point. AspectMaps visualizes the shadow points where an aspect will execute, and if multiple aspects will execute, the order in which they are specified to run.

If this text is not clear, tell me so I can try to briefly elaborate to clarify.

> A couple of questions:
> - How should AspectMaps be loaded?

Just load the package Aspects-All and then do an AspectMapsUI new open

> - What is the process of getting the info all the way from Eclipse through XCut Report and in Moose?

It's manual hacking for now. I have a student working on this, to make it more user friendly, should be done in a couple of weeks. (It’s a part time project) Once that is OK, I will place install instructions on the aspectmaps home page. In the mean time, interested parties can always send me a mail ;-)

> - What is the license? (the SqueakSource project does not specify one)

Fixed: it's under MIT license.

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: AspectMaps website

Tudor Girba
Hi Johan,

Great. I added the text and license info.

Also, I created a user for you on the website. Please feel free to add
and maintain the details.

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Apr 2010, at 17:15, Johan Fabry wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2010, at 05:47, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Johan,
>>
>> Nice work. I added a page here:
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/aspectmaps
>
> Thanks and thanks! I propose the following text for the page:
>
> AspectMaps is an interactive software visualization tool built to
> aid the understanding of aspect-oriented software systems.
> AspectMaps visualizes selected join point shadows (a.k.a. shadow
> points): locations in the source code that at run-time produce a
> join point. AspectMaps visualizes the shadow points where an aspect
> will execute, and if multiple aspects will execute, the order in
> which they are specified to run.
>
> If this text is not clear, tell me so I can try to briefly elaborate
> to clarify.
>
>> A couple of questions:
>> - How should AspectMaps be loaded?
>
> Just load the package Aspects-All and then do an AspectMapsUI new open
>
>> - What is the process of getting the info all the way from Eclipse
>> through XCut Report and in Moose?
>
> It's manual hacking for now. I have a student working on this, to
> make it more user friendly, should be done in a couple of weeks.
> (It’s a part time project) Once that is OK, I will place install
> instructions on the aspectmaps home page. In the mean time,
> interested parties can always send me a mail ;-)
>
>> - What is the license? (the SqueakSource project does not specify
>> one)
>
> Fixed: it's under MIT license.
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: AspectMaps website

jfabry

Excellent, adding a small fix right now. Thanks for creating a user for me!