AspectS

Vaidas Didzbalis-2
Hello,
Maybe someone done this AspectS in Dolphin? Is it possible?
Thank you
Vaidas

Re: AspectS

Bruno Buzzi Brasesco
> Maybe someone done this AspectS in Dolphin? Is it possible?

I do not know if it possible to implement AspectS in Dolphin. But you can
achieve AOP (aspect oriented programming) with Dolphin using a "A Reflective
Architecture".
To do this you can use "Method Wrappers", and use pre and post conditions to
achieve "reflection".

Search in web for:
" A Reflective Architecture for the Support of Aspect Oriented Programming
in Smalltalk"

Starting with this paper and using "Method Wrappers" is not difficult to
implement AOP.

Regards
Bruno

---

Re: AspectS

Vaidas Didzbalis-2
Thanks for link. We are using Robert Hirschfeld's AspectS in Squeak an
appreciate it. It would be really nice to have AspectS ported.
Vaidas