Assignment operator in new core packages

Assignment operator in new core packages

Torsten Bergmann
Classes like "SHA1" (now included in core) use _ again instead
of :=

Shouldnt we clean up such packages?

Thx
T.

Re: Assignment operator in new core packages

Peter Hugosson-Miller
Isn't there a test case for this, or similar coding customs? In my day job we have some, and they are most useful for detecting misses like that.

If anyone thinks it's a good idea I could write one, then this kind of problem shouldn't turn up again the future.

Peter

2009/9/30 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>
Classes like "SHA1" (now included in core) use _ again instead
of :=

Shouldnt we clean up such packages?

Thx
T.

Re: Assignment operator in new core packages

Stéphane Ducasse
lukas implemented a smallLint rule that convert all the code. We run
it in the past and we should run it again.

stef

On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:

> Isn't there a test case for this, or similar coding customs? In my
> day job we have some, and they are most useful for detecting misses
> like that.
>
> If anyone thinks it's a good idea I could write one, then this kind
> of problem shouldn't turn up again the future.

> Peter
>
> 2009/9/30 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>
> Classes like "SHA1" (now included in core) use _ again instead
> of :=
>
> Shouldnt we clean up such packages?
>
> Thx
> T.

Re: Assignment operator in new core packages

Lukas Renggli
We should actually run them every night and post the results in the list :-)

Lukas

2009/9/30 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> lukas implemented a smallLint rule that convert all the code. We run
> it in the past and we should run it again.
>
> stef
>
> On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:
>
>> Isn't there a test case for this, or similar coding customs? In my
>> day job we have some, and they are most useful for detecting misses
>> like that.
>>
>> If anyone thinks it's a good idea I could write one, then this kind
>> of problem shouldn't turn up again the future.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Peter
>>
>> 2009/9/30 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>
>> Classes like "SHA1" (now included in core) use _ again instead
>> of :=
>>
>> Shouldnt we clean up such packages?
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>> --
>> GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
>> Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch