Athens error

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

With DrGeo built on image Pharo7.0-64bit-e41f921 Athens error shows up
on the canvas (screenshot).

The drgeo dev. environment based on the older Pharo7.0-64bit-f82fc36
image does not have this error with the same VM.

The DrGeo build removes some pharo package but it is unlikely to produce
such error, or so?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Capture du 2017-12-16 22-11-09.png (120K) Download Attachment

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Athens error

HilaireFernandes
Strangely when this morph menu is asked, the same error shows up, see
screenshot.

May be something else is wrong in the image, in the next days I will try
to build differently the image application

Le 17/12/2017 à 18:29, Igor Stasenko a écrit :
> i think it will help more if you reveal the full stack trace with
> actual exception.. IIRC you can do it by clicking on errorneous morph
> and in its menu pick the stack trace.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

menuError.png (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Athens error

HilaireFernandes
Sadly building the image with a light cleaning, does not grant me access
to the morph menu of the faulty canvas. Still same error as mentionned
in previous screenshot.

The upper moprh menu can be access, but there is stack trace entry in
its menu (see screesshot).

In the following day will try with another image...

Le 17/12/2017 à 20:55, Hilaire a écrit :
> May be something else is wrong in the image, in the next days I will
> try to build differently the image application

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Capture.png (69K) Download Attachment

Re: Athens error

HilaireFernandes
Tried to build DrGeo app witht the same image used for development.
Still gets red screen of depth on the DrGeo canvas, but with a different
error (screenshot for the curious). Image cleaning were removed, so
nothing wrong comes from there.

Now, if I copied along the image file Pharo7.0-32bit-f82fc36.source.
Canvas does not get bogus. What the f*k. Image and VM are 64bits

Pharo is really funny

Le 18/12/2017 à 21:35, Hilaire a écrit :
> In the following day will try with another image...

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Capture.png (89K) Download Attachment

Re: Athens error

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hilaire

debug drawing error should give you access to the debugger and after
you can get the stack.

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sadly building the image with a light cleaning, does not grant me access to
> the morph menu of the faulty canvas. Still same error as mentionned in
> previous screenshot.
>
> The upper moprh menu can be access, but there is stack trace entry in its
> menu (see screesshot).
>
> In the following day will try with another image...
>

> Le 17/12/2017 à 20:55, Hilaire a écrit :
>>
>> May be something else is wrong in the image, in the next days I will try
>> to build differently the image application
>

> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: Athens error

Stephane Ducasse-3
Normally the call does not need the sources (if I'm correct in the
past it needed to generate the correct method argument or something
like that).
Can you provide more information? or the image somewhere?
 Because FFI should improve and we are looking for edge corner bugs.

Stef

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tried to build DrGeo app witht the same image used for development. Still
> gets red screen of depth on the DrGeo canvas, but with a different error
> (screenshot for the curious). Image cleaning were removed, so nothing wrong
> comes from there.
>
> Now, if I copied along the image file Pharo7.0-32bit-f82fc36.source. Canvas
> does not get bogus. What the f*k. Image and VM are 64bits
>
> Pharo is really funny
>

> Le 18/12/2017 à 21:35, Hilaire a écrit :
>>
>> In the following day will try with another image...
>

> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: Athens error

HilaireFernandes
Le 20/12/2017 à 21:05, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
> Hilaire
>
> debug drawing error should give you access to the debugger and after
> you can get the stack.

Like this ?

FFICallout>>loaderForArgNamed:
FFICallout>>loaderForArgNamed:indirectIndex:
FFICallout>>argName:indirectIndex:type:ptrArity:
FFIFunctionParser>>parseArgument
FFIFunctionParser>>parseArguments
FFIFunctionParser>>parseNamedFunction:
FFICalloutMethodBuilder>>parseSignature:
FFICalloutMethodBuilder>>generate
FFICalloutMethodBuilder>>build:
FFICalloutAPI>>function:module:
AthensCairoSurface class(Object)>>nbCall:
AthensCairoSurface class>>primImage:width:height:
AthensCairoSurface class>>extent:format:
AthensCairoSurface class>>extent:
AthensWrapMorph>>createSurface
AthensWrapMorph>>initializeForNewSession
AthensWrapMorph>>checkSurface
AthensWrapMorph>>fullDrawOn:
FormCanvas(Canvas)>>fullDraw:
FormCanvas(Canvas)>>fullDrawMorph:
[ :arg3 | arg3 fullDrawMorph: self ] in AthensWrapMorph(Morph)>>imageForm:forRectangle: in Block: [ :arg3 | arg3 fullDrawMorph: self ]
FormCanvas>>translateBy:during:
AthensWrapMorph(Morph)>>imageForm:forRectangle:
AthensWrapMorph(Morph)>>imageFormForRectangle:
AthensWrapMorph(Morph)>>iconOrThumbnail
AthensWrapMorph(Morph)>>iconOrThumbnailOfSize:
[ :arg3 |
tmp1
        add: arg3 class name asString
        target: arg3
        selector: #addMorphFrontFromWorldPosition:
        argument: self topRendererOrSelf.
tmp1 lastItem icon: (arg3 iconOrThumbnailOfSize: 16).
self owner == arg3
        ifTrue: [ tmp1 lastItem emphasis: 1 ] ] in DrGDrawable(Morph)>>addEmbeddingMenuItemsTo:hand: in Block: [ :arg3 | ...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>reverseDo:
DrGDrawable(Morph)>>addEmbeddingMenuItemsTo:hand:
DrGDrawable(Morph)>>addStandardHaloMenuItemsTo:hand:

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Athens error

Ben Coman

On 17 December 2017 at 05:29, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

With DrGeo built on image Pharo7.0-64bit-e41f921 Athens error shows up on the canvas (screenshot).

The drgeo dev. environment based on the older Pharo7.0-64bit-f82fc36 image does not have this error with the same VM.

The DrGeo build removes some pharo package but it is unlikely to produce such error, or so?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Hi Hilaire,

I'll have a try at reproducing your issue.  Could you provide a download link to the VM you are using,
and instructions how to load your project and trigger the problem.

cheers -ben

Re: Athens error

HilaireFernandes
Hi Ben,

  * The Linux 64 bits VM is the one coming from P6/P6.1, it is the only
    way to get one.

  * To install the project, fetch the src code from the DrGeo repo:

bzr branch lp:drgeo

  * In the trunk/build/image directory install a virgin P7 image

  * You have to symlink /images/src to trunk/src

  * Adjust trunk/build/make-workstation-release script:

     smalltalkImage and src variable.

These make-workstation-script will be refactored some days with
appropriate shell function.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Athens error

HilaireFernandes
The source is really needed to get Athens functionning, otherwise there
is an error. On top of that, the source file name is confused by Pharo
(it should be mimic of the 32bits images, althought 64bits image is
used, and it should not depend on the bits number I guess).

Here is an archive with the image[1], go in
Contents/Resources/drgeo.image and used a 64 bits VM to run the image,
do not used the embedded VMs, there are for P3.

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc18e21p371z28f/DrGeo.app-18.01a.zip?dl=0

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Athens error

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi Hilaire

your P7 image is older and has problems with FreeType fonts initialization that should be fixed in the newest builds. Maybe that is cause of the Athens issues you are facing. Please upgrade.

-- Pavel

[...]

Just make a drgeo build with latest image as of today, the problem is
the same with latest image, as long as the source file is not present.
Here is the newest built[1]

Hilaire

Le 26/12/2017 à 11:15, Pavel Krivanek a écrit :
> Hi Hilaire
>
> your P7 image is older and has problems with FreeType fonts
> initialization that should be fixed in the newest builds. Maybe that
> is cause of the Athens issues you are facing. Please upgrade.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Athens error

Nicolai Hess-3-2
Running your drgeo.image on a recent linux pharo 64 bit vm gives this error message first:

/home/nicolai/devel/pharo/Pharo7.0-32bit-52a28a8.sources.

With pharo 7, every (bootstrapped)image needs its own sources file?

[...]

Every Pharo 7 build creates own sources file but this sources file can be shared between several images based on this build. So for final Pharo 7 we may release one sources file but I doubt that we will do it.
During bootstrap all code is loaded into the image as new code so at the end you have empty sources file and huge changes file. We condense such changes file and transform it into sources file so you have empty changes. But we would like have sources directly in the image in compressed form.

-- Pavel