Athens for Amber

12

Re: Athens for Amber

matthias.springer
The updated code is here: https://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library. I hope this works now (first time I am building an Amber library).

Steps 21 and 22 (using bitmaps, and surfaces as paint) are broken right now. Probably due to things that changed in the web browser. I will look into that in the next days.

Thanks Herby for your help.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

Herby Vojčík wrote:

Herby Vojčík wrote:

Matthias Springer wrote:
I can build a proper Amber library, so that you can import it. Working
on that now. What is the best way to get the latest Amber release ("npm
install -g amber-cli@0.14.16" does not work: "version not found")?

'npm -g install amber-cli' installs latest the cli, cli version != amber
version

If you intend to use `amber init` to start new project, this is enough.

In case you want to update amber in your project, then

bower install "amber@*" --save

bower install "amber#*" --save

BTW in case you want to recompile .st files from cli (for example, because the .js format is too old), it would be nice to update amber-dev npm package as well:

  npm install "amber-dev@*" --save-dev

(bower for some reason chose to use # as version specifier)

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Richard Eng wrote:

It's not obvious how you "import" the Athens files. None of your
configuration files (e.g., Gruntfile.js) even mention the
Athens*.st files.

You don't.

First step: amber-athens should be a proper Amber library (with
bower.json, local.amd.json and *.amd.json if it uses external JS libs).

Second step: you use amber-athens as a library in your project(s).

Best regards,
Matthias Springer

Student M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering (Hasso Plattner Institute)
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> * Stahnsdorfer Straße 144b, 14482
Potsdam, Germany

Best regards,
Matthias Springer

Student M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering (Hasso Plattner Institute)
[hidden email] * Stahnsdorfer Straße 144b, 14482 Potsdam, Germany

Re: Athens for Amber

Herby Vojčík

Matthias Springer wrote:
> The updated code is here:
> https://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library. I hope this
> works now (first time I am building an Amber library).

The changes seem to make athens a proper Amber library now.

So doing

   bower install athens
git://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library.git
   grunt devel

should be all you need to include it into the project; then, of course,
to load some of the athens' packages, you must first add it to
`imports:` section of those libraries that demand their presence.

As they more-or-less depend on each other, you often only need to add
the 'leaf(s)' (the most specific one(s)) in `imports:` and the general
ones used for subclassing etc. are loaded automatically. Exception to
the aforementioned "often" is a package with classes that should only
load and be present, but no-one subclass or extend them, so the
dependency is not automatically included by Amber (and you must do it by
hand), but often this is not the case. You can find out the right leafs
by trial and error (add to imports:, save, commit, reload, see in
browser if all you need is present, iterate), or by looking to .js
files' first lines to see which packages are implicitly depended upon.

> [...]
>                 <mailto:amber-lang%[hidden email]>>.
>

>                 --
>                 Best regards,
>                 Matthias Springer
>
>                 Student M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering (Hasso Plattner
>                 Institute)
>                 [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email]
>                 <mailto:[hidden email]>> * Stahnsdorfer Straße 144b, 14482
>                 Potsdam, Germany
>
>                 --
>                 from it, send
>                 an email to [hidden email]
>                 <mailto:amber-lang%[hidden email]>
>                 <mailto:[hidden email]
>                 <mailto:amber-lang%[hidden email]>>.
>

>     --

> Best regards,
> Matthias Springer
>
> Student M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering (Hasso Plattner Institute)
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> * Stahnsdorfer Straße 144b, 14482

Re: Athens for Amber

Herby Vojčík

Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Matthias Springer wrote:
>> The updated code is here:
>> https://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library. I hope this
>> works now (first time I am building an Amber library).
>
> The changes seem to make athens a proper Amber library now.
>
> So doing
>
> bower install athens
> git://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library.git

of course, previous line should have `--save` in the end

> [...]
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Matthias Springer
>>
>> Student M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering (Hasso Plattner
>> Institute)
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> * Stahnsdorfer Straße 144b, 14482
>> Potsdam, Germany
>>
>> --
>> from it, send
>> an email to [hidden email]
>> <mailto:amber-lang%[hidden email]>
>> <mailto:[hidden email]
>> <mailto:amber-lang%[hidden email]>>.
>>

>> --
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Matthias Springer
>>
>> Student M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering (Hasso Plattner Institute)
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> * Stahnsdorfer Straße 144b, 14482

Re: Athens for Amber

Herby Vojčík

Dňa 20. júna 2015 15:47:25 CEST používateľ "Herby Vojčík" <[hidden email]> napísal:

> Matthias Springer wrote:
> > The updated code is here:
> > https://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library. I hope
> this
> > works now (first time I am building an Amber library).
>
> The changes seem to make athens a proper Amber library now.
>
> So doing
>
>    bower install athens
> git://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library.git

Syntax may be a bit different here, first, there may need to be = to alias a name, second, there is probably no semver tag that marks actual state as an installable version, so rag/branch must be specified manually, and last, there should be --save.

  bower install "athens=git://github.com/matthias-springer/amber-athens-library.git#master" --save

BTW, Matthias, if there is a working version, could you add a tag to the commit (like 0.1.0), so "#master" does not need to be added?

12