Authentication method

Facundo Ciccioli
Hi again. I'm trying to use the HTTP basic or digest methods to
authenticate users in my site, and it's not working. It tries to get
the username from the request, sending #username to a HTTPRequest
(particularly a HTTPGet) object. Is there anything else I have to do
in order to use one of those methods, besides sending
#setHttp*AuthenticationScheme to the security manager?

Thanks a lot.
FaQ

Re: Authentication method

Janko Mivšek
Hi Facundo,

Facundo Ciccioli pravi:

> Hi again. I'm trying to use the HTTP basic or digest methods to
> authenticate users in my site, and it's not working. It tries to get
> the username from the request, sending #username to a HTTPRequest
> (particularly a HTTPGet) object. Is there anything else I have to do
> in order to use one of those methods, besides sending
> #setHttp*AuthenticationScheme to the security manager?

Unfortunatelly the HTTP Digest (and also Basic) Authentication is broken
in Swazoo 2, while basic one worked in 1. But I need to put Aida WebDAV
support back to life too, so expect this problem to be solved (at least
for HTTP Basic Auth), just don't know when ...

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Sort elements with links

Francisco A. Lizarralde-2
Hi,

I'm building a tiny app with Aida6.0 beta-2. In this app I have a view
with a list of student's data: #id #surname #name, etc.

The first column #id (Matricula) contains links to a student view for
editing purposes.

I can sort the elements for any column, but not for #id (Matricula). The
label above does not appear like the other labels (It's color is black,
not blue) . (I attach a screenshot.)
It's possible to sort the elements for #id ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco

aidaScreen.jpg (25K) Download Attachment

Re: Sort elements with links

Janko Mivšek
Hi Francisco,

Francisco A. Lizarralde pravi:

> I'm building a tiny app with Aida6.0 beta-2. In this app I have a view
> with a list of student's data: #id #surname #name, etc.
>
> The first column #id (Matricula) contains links to a student view for
> editing purposes.
>
> I can sort the elements for any column, but not for #id (Matricula). The
> label above does not appear like the other labels (It's color is black,
> not blue) . (I attach a screenshot.)
> It's possible to sort the elements for #id ?

It is possible to sort columns with links too. Can you send the code
building that WebGrid? Is id a string or number?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Sort elements with links

Janko Mivšek
Janko Mivšek pravi:

>> I can sort the elements for any column, but not for #id (Matricula). The
>> label above does not appear like the other labels (It's color is black,
>> not blue) . (I attach a screenshot.)
>> It's possible to sort the elements for #id ?
>
> It is possible to sort columns with links too. Can you send the code
> building that WebGrid? Is id a string or number?

To reveal internals of when sorting works and when not: see the method
WebGrid>>sortLinkColumn: in private-printing. There you can see when the
column name in header appears as an link and when just plain text.

It appers non-sortable when the column is numbered and specially, when
the column content is produced by add blocks.

Remember, for the highest flexibility you can produce a column in a block:

        grid column: 5 addBlock: [:rowObject |
                WebElement addText: rowObject printString; yourself]

Such addBlock columns are currently not sortable, because they don't
produce text directly, but a WebElement. And it is hard to decide, how
to sort such elements. That's why they are not sortable. We need to
produce some algorithm to make them sortable. Hmm, maybe this can be
somehow done?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Sort elements with links

Francisco A. Lizarralde-2
Hi Janko,

El lun, 11-05-2009 a las 10:03 +0200, Janko Mivšek escribió:
> It is possible to sort columns with links too. Can you send the code
> building that WebGrid?

viewStudents
        "Lista los estudiantes"
        | e entryList |

        e := WebElement new.
        e addTextH1: 'Alumnos'.
        e add: self viewTabComponent.
  entryList := WebGrid new.
        entryList columnNames: #('' 'Matricula' 'Apellidos' 'Nombres' 'Email');
                setNumbering;
                columnFilters: #(nil true true nil nil);
                sortOn: 2;
                collection: self observee students;
                columnAspects: #(nil #studentId #surname #name #email);

"IF I COMMENT THE NEXT LINE, i CAN SORT THE COLUMN"
                column: 2 addBlock: [ :each |
                        (WebElement new) addLinkTo: each text: each studentId].

        e addTextH1: ''.
        e addBreak.
        e add: entryList.

     self pageFrameWith: e title: 'Alumnos'

> Is id a string or number?
It's a String.

Thank you, so much

Best regards,

Francisco

Re: Sort elements with links

Janko Mivšek

Francisco A. Lizarralde pravi:
> "IF I COMMENT THE NEXT LINE, i CAN SORT THE COLUMN"
> column: 2 addBlock: [ :each |
> (WebElement new) addLinkTo: each text: each studentId].

That's exactly what I wrote in additiona mail: you cannot sort columns
with addBlocks.

But in your case you can make links much more simply, use
#columnLinkViews: instead

        columnAspects: #(nil #studentId #surname #name #email);
        columnLinkViews: #(nil main nil nil nil);

#columnLinkViews: specify the view of the link of the each object in in
your case is the equivalent of:

   column: 2 addBlock: [:each |
      WebElement new
        addLinkTo: each text: each studentId view: #main;
        yourself].

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Sort elements with links

Francisco A. Lizarralde-2
Hi Janko,

Wonderful !!!

That's exactly what I need. I didn't know about columnLinkViews.
I think I need to learn much more about Aida.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Francisco