Author name in version Iceberg?

Stephan Eggermont-3
What is needed to make sure the author/committer name is shown in a
method version instead of 'GitHub' when using Iceberg?

Stephan

Re: Author name in version Iceberg?

Pavel Krivanek-3
Iceberg currently uses metadata-less format that does not store method timestamp because of the merging conflicts. You cannot do anything now, sorry.

-- Pavel

On 14-09-17 10:06, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> Iceberg currently uses metadata-less format that does not store method
> timestamp because of the merging conflicts. You cannot do anything now,
> sorry.

No support for blame?

Stephan

Re: Author name in version Iceberg?

EstebanLM

On 14 Sep 2017, at 10:53, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

AFAIK Esteban is planning to support blame in future at least for Tonel (the FileTree replacement), however we are not yet there.

this ^

(but we will support it for both: filetree AND tonel, if possible/easy/not hard to maintain)

cheers,
Esteban

-- Pavel

On 14-09-17 10:06, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
Iceberg currently uses metadata-less format that does not store method timestamp because of the merging conflicts. You cannot do anything now, sorry.

No support for blame?

Stephan

Re: Author name in version Iceberg?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi guys

We worked during years without blame. If you tell me I have a long
list of more important items for esteban:

- Freetype plugin killing
- retina support
- Idle Vm
- signed mac VM
- cleaning host logic in C VM logic
- using SDL2
In fact our list is huge and I do not see blame.

On 14-09-17 20:05, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> We worked during years without blame. If you tell me I have a long
> list of more important items for esteban:

> In fact our list is huge and I do not see blame.

The thing is just to use blame to extract the author information.
I guess it is the easiest way to get that out of git without storing the
timestamp.

Stephan

Re: Author name in version Iceberg?

Stephane Ducasse-3
ahhhh
ok but still we need help because our todo list is long.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 8:37 PM, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14-09-17 20:05, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>> We worked during years without blame. If you tell me I have a long
>> list of more important items for esteban:

>> In fact our list is huge and I do not see blame.
>

> The thing is just to use blame to extract the author information.
> I guess it is the easiest way to get that out of git without storing the
> timestamp.
>
> Stephan

Re: Author name in version Iceberg?

Peter Uhnak
For FileTree using log should be enough to get the authorship. For tonel you need blame.