Auto-completion of methods names

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

Today I tried to launch a Pharo 7 image and I just saw that one of my
setting was failing.

The setting is from NEC and allow to auto-complete the method name and
could be enable like this:

NECPreferences overrideModel: true

In the recent Pharo 7, #overrideModel: and all the code depending on it
was removed.

Is there an other way to get this feature or will it just be removed
totally from Pharo 7?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Auto-completion of methods names

Marcus Denker-4

> On 4 Sep 2018, at 21:49, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Today I tried to launch a Pharo 7 image and I just saw that one of my
> setting was failing.
>
> The setting is from NEC and allow to auto-complete the method name and
> could be enable like this:
>
> NECPreferences overrideModel: true
>
> In the recent Pharo 7, #overrideModel: and all the code depending on it
> was removed.
>
> Is there an other way to get this feature or will it just be removed
> totally from Pharo 7?

I will add a simpler version by default back (today).

The old version tried to be clever and replace whole methods… which was extremely confusing (and not really
helping). It complicated the model, too.
(We got even bug report

Method name completion is nice, it is very easy to add method name completion back, I will do it today.

        Marcus

Le 05/09/2018 à 10:00, Marcus Denker a écrit :

> I will add a simpler version by default back (today).
>
> The old version tried to be clever and replace whole methods… which was extremely confusing (and not really
> helping). It complicated the model, too.
> (We got even bug report
>
> Method name completion is nice, it is very easy to add method name completion back, I will do it today.

Great, thank you!

I'm glad that it's not just a feature removal without replacement :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr