Autocompleter is not working

Peter Osburg-2
Hi list,

I have a problem with the autocompleter. While I am using exactly the
same implementation like the SUAutocompleteTest, I can't get it to work.
My component is inherited from an SUComponent and I am using the exact
same render methods like in the test. The only difference: I am using a
WATask.

Does anybody know any problems regarding the autocompleter? I am using
the latest seaside, as well as scriptaculous versions.

Regards,
Peter

Re: Autocompleter is not working

Lukas Renggli
> I have a problem with the autocompleter. While I am using exactly the
> same implementation like the SUAutocompleteTest, I can't get it to work.
> My component is inherited from an SUComponent and I am using the exact
> same render methods like in the test. The only difference: I am using a
> WATask.

Subclassing SUComponent is not necessary. That's just convenience for the tests.

> Does anybody know any problems regarding the autocompleter? I am using
> the latest seaside, as well as scriptaculous versions.

Did you add the SULibrary to your application? What does FireBug tell you?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Autocompleter is not working

Peter Osburg-2
Dammit, indeed I forgot to add the library. But unfortunately it still doesn't work. I checked with Firebug and found the following error:
"Ajax.Autocompleter is not a constructor"

Lukas Renggli schrieb:
I have a problem with the autocompleter. While I am using exactly the
same implementation like the SUAutocompleteTest, I can't get it to work.
My component is inherited from an SUComponent and I am using the exact
same render methods like in the test. The only difference: I am using a
WATask.

Subclassing SUComponent is not necessary. That's just convenience for the tests.

Does anybody know any problems regarding the autocompleter? I am using
the latest seaside, as well as scriptaculous versions.

Did you add the SULibrary to your application? What does FireBug tell you?

Lukas

Re: Autocompleter is not working

Peter Osburg-2
And I always get the error

this.element is null

Lukas Renggli schrieb:
I have a problem with the autocompleter. While I am using exactly the
same implementation like the SUAutocompleteTest, I can't get it to work.
My component is inherited from an SUComponent and I am using the exact
same render methods like in the test. The only difference: I am using a
WATask.

Subclassing SUComponent is not necessary. That's just convenience for the tests.

Does anybody know any problems regarding the autocompleter? I am using
the latest seaside, as well as scriptaculous versions.

Did you add the SULibrary to your application? What does FireBug tell you?

Lukas

Re: Autocompleter is not working

Peter Osburg-2
Finally I could discover the problem I had.

While I was trying to use the toggleBlind effect, I had to see that it doesn't work, as well. So I digged into the SULibrary and took a look at the files that are provided by the library.

I discovered the effect.js and the prototype.js which is obvious to be in the library but I also provide those .js files in my own library. Obviously they have a different implementation but this caused the conflict that I neither could use the autocompleter nor the toggleBlind effect.

I know I should have seen it earlier but what shall I say ... I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Just wanted to let you know what my mistake was in order to prevent you from doing the same stupid things :)

-Peter

2008/11/10 Peter Osburg <[hidden email]>
And I always get the error

this.element is null

www.peter-osburg.de