Autoformatting in SystemBrowser

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hello,

since Pharo6 my method comments in the SystemBrowser gets automatically removed. My arguments get also removed, so when I type:

SomeClass >> name: aString
  "sets the name instance variable"
  name := aString

it gets corrected to:

SomeClass >> name: arg1
  name := arg1

How can I configure this behaviour? I could not find the related settings... :-/

Thanks,
Marc

Re: Autoformatting in SystemBrowser

Nicolai Hess-3-2
Can you check your sources or changes files. Maybe they are missing or corrupted.

Marc

Re: Autoformatting in SystemBrowser

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hello Nicolai,

that's strange, because when I open my downloaded Pharo standard image
and save it (left click -> save as...), then I get the message:

"Pharo cannot locate the sources file named
/home/marc/PharoWorkspace/pharo6.0-64/bin/lib/pharo/5.0-
201705310241/PharoV60.sources.

Please check that the file is named properly and is in the same
directory as this image."

This makes me wondering because the image I use is in
~/PharoWorkspace/pharo6.0-64/shared:

$ ls -l
drwxrwxr-x. 2 marc marc     4096 10. Jun 15:39 icon-packs
-rw-rw-r--. 1 marc marc   154081 17. Jun 10:37 Pharo6.0-64.changes
-rw-rw-r--. 1 marc marc 49649448  6. Jun 15:24 Pharo6.0-64.image
drwxr-xr-x. 5 marc marc     4096 17. Jun 10:37 pharo-local
-rw-r--r--. 1 marc marc 36114887  6. Jun 15:24 PharoV60.sources

Why Pharo is searching in pharo6.0-64/bin/lib/pharo/5.0-201705310241 ?
The directory exists but contains some librarys... :-/

I did not had this problem with Pharo5...

Thanks,
Marc

Am Samstag, den 17.06.2017, 11:38 +0200 schrieb Nicolai Hess:

> Can you check your sources or changes files. Maybe they are missing
> or corrupted.
>

> Am 17.06.2017 11:35 vorm. schrieb "Marc Hanisch via Pharo-users" <pha

Stephane Ducasse-3
I used it daily and it does not come from the formatter. Nicolai
suggestion looks a path to investigate because
it may be that the code is lost and that the formatter displays text
from the bytecode.

stef

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Marc Hanisch via Pharo-users

> [...]

Hi Stephane,

Yes it seems to be an issue with the sources file. Maybe my workflow is wrong? When I want to store an image somewhere else, I always left+click and select save as... to save my image. As far as I understand Pharo, it then saves the image and a changes file in the selected directory. The sources file should stay in the Pharo distribution folder, under the share directory, shouldn't it? The sources file is present in my share folder, I don't know why Pharo looks into pharo6.0-64/bin/lib/pharo/5.0-
201705310241/ (that's the path from the error message).

...BTW I'm wondering why the mailing list sends my mails as .eml attachments? Did you received my previous mail?

Best regards,
Marc

> [...]

it's me again still struggeling with the same issue on two different
machines: Ubuntu 16.04 and Fedora 25. On all machines the same
behaviour, I'm getting the error:

"Information
Pharo cannot locate the sources file named
/home/marc/PharoWorkspace/Pharo/pharo6.0/bin/lib/pharo/5.0-201705310241/PharoV60.sources.

Please check that the file is named properly and is in the
same directory as this image."

I'm wondering why Pharo is looking in this folder, because the source
file is present in the shared folder, where also the default
Pharo6.0.image and Pharo6.0.changes live in:

/home/marc/PharoWorkspace/Pharo/pharo6.0/PharoWorkspace/Pharo/pharo6.0/shared/PharoV60.sources

Any ideas? I'm a little helpless... ;-) Btw. this is Pharo 64bit...

Best regards,
Marc

> [...]

Hi, I just tried to reproduce this error, but it is working for me.
I downloaded the
pharo6 image & changes zip
the virtual machin
and the source

Unzip all in one directory
start pharo by
./pharo Pharo-6501.image

And I was able to save the image with "save as ..."

How did you installed pharo and how do you start it ?

Best regards,
Marc

<[hidden email]>:

> [...]

Hi Nicolai,

I've downloaded the whole 64bit build from:  http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo6.0-64-linux.zip

I start it with the little startup shell script, which is in the root folder of the zip. This worked very well for Pharo 5.0.

In the meantime I had a closer look at the differences between version 5 and 6: it seems that the distributed and precompiled libraries are now organized in an extra folder (bin/lib/pharo/5.<a href="tel:0201%20705310241" style="font-family:sans-serif">0-201705310241) which wasn't the case for Pharo5 32bit (just bin/lib). So I simply copied the sources file to this new folder and now it works...

It must be an error of the build/packaging process... And I'm wondering why the sources file is put so many times in different folders (I saw it 3 or 4 times ;-))...

Thanks for your help!
Marc

it's me again still struggeling with the same issue on two different
machines: Ubuntu 16.04 and Fedora 25. On all machines the same
behaviour, I'm getting the error:

"Information
Pharo cannot locate the sources file named
/home/marc/PharoWorkspace/Pharo/pharo6.0/bin/lib/pharo/5.<a href="tel:0201%20705310241" value="+49201705310241" target="_blank">0-201705310241/PharoV60.sources.