Automatic documentation generation

Bram Neijt
Hi.

I'm just stating with Smalltalk and wat to do some automatic document
generation.

What whould be the best source of information ("inspect !" output,
sourcecode, special programs/processors) to create interlinked
documentation?

I'm able to process almost any source, so every idea is welcome.

Greetings,
  Bram

Re: Automatic documentation generation

Paolo Bonzini
Bram Neijt wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm just stating with Smalltalk and wat to do some automatic document
> generation.
>
> What whould be the best source of information ("inspect !" output,
> sourcecode, special programs/processors) to create interlinked
> documentation?

Uhm, *interlinked* is quite a mess.  The automatic documentation
generator in examples/Publish.st does not generate many links (none for
the parts derived from user source code) because there is no standard.
It generates indexes when it outputs Texinfo, though.

But you can get everything you want from the Class and CompiledMethod
objects: class comment, class category, variables, method source code,
and so on.  Note that some of the methods you need are in the
superclasses, Behavior and CompiledCode respectively.

Paolo