Automatic/periodic image saves

John Thornborrow
Hi,

We've deployed a Pharo+Pier/Seaside image for our website, and
(naturally) changes are made to the site via Pier.

I'd like to know if there is a preferred method of saving the image to
disk every, say, 12 hours?

Many thanks,
John.

www.pinesoft.co.uk

Consider your responsibility to the environment - think before you print!

******************************************************************************************************************************************
This email is from Pinesoft Limited. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient(s) at the email address(es) to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor may it be copied in anyway. If received in error, please contact the sender, then delete it from your system. Although this email and attachments are believed to be free of virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Pinesoft for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof. *******************************************************************************************************************************************

Pinesoft Limited are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA

Re: Automatic/periodic image saves

Lukas Renggli
Hi John

> We've deployed a Pharo+Pier/Seaside image for our website, and
> (naturally) changes are made to the site via Pier.

Wow, that's a cool site! Might I link it from the list on piercms.com?

> I'd like to know if there is a preferred method of saving the image to
> disk every, say, 12 hours?

There is an image persistency strategy built into Pier. It saves the
image every hour by default, but only if something changed. Check the
FAQ on how to enable it: http://www.piercms.com/doc/faq#90421388.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Automatic/periodic image saves

John Thornborrow
Hi Lukas,

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Hi John
>

>> We've deployed a Pharo+Pier/Seaside image for our website, and
>> (naturally) changes are made to the site via Pier.
>>

> Wow, that's a cool site! Might I link it from the list on piercms.com?

Yes, please do :)

>> I'd like to know if there is a preferred method of saving the image to
>> disk every, say, 12 hours?
>>

> There is an image persistency strategy built into Pier. It saves the
> image every hour by default, but only if something changed. Check the
> FAQ on how to enable it: http://www.piercms.com/doc/faq#90421388.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Great, thanks!

Regards,
John.

[...]

Schwab,Wilhelm K
John,

Which OS are you using?  How long has it been up?  I am *very* interested in your experience with it, because I am starting to take a similar path; **please** keep us posted on performance/reliability.

Nice work, and good luck with it!

Bill