Automatic testing in different images

tinchodias
Hello,

I'm working on a prototype for binary serialization of objects, and I would like to do tests and benchmarks for serializing on a stream in one image and de-serialize them in another, maybe with different conditions (other version, VM, etc).

Could you recommend me how to do that in an automatic way?

Thanks
Martin

Re: Automatic testing in different images

Simon Denier-3

On 28 sept. 2010, at 11:24, Martin Dias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a prototype for binary serialization of objects, and I would like to do tests and benchmarks for serializing on a stream in one image and de-serialize them in another, maybe with different conditions (other version, VM, etc).
>
> Could you recommend me how to do that in an automatic way?

Hudson seems a good way to go

--
 Simon

Re: Automatic testing in different images

Göran Krampe
On 09/28/2010 12:44 PM, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 28 sept. 2010, at 11:24, Martin Dias wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working on a prototype for binary serialization of objects, and I would like to do tests and benchmarks for serializing on a stream in one image and de-serialize them in another, maybe with different conditions (other version, VM, etc).
>>
>> Could you recommend me how to do that in an automatic way?
>

> Hudson seems a good way to go

Or take a look at the test framework in Magma, it has orchestrated tests
between multiple images, probably what you want.

And oh, Magma also has of course binary serialization stuff in it - so
worth looking at from that perspective too.

regards, Göran