Automating release announcements

gcotelli
Hi!, Anyone here is moderator in the Pharo Users list?

I want to automate the release announcement of projects in github/ba-st org. I'm using sendgrid to send the e-mails and I'm getting a returning mail saying: "Your message to Pharo-users awaits moderator approval".

I subscribed previously to the list the e-mail account used as mail sender.

Thank you for your help!
Gabriel

Re: Automating release announcements

Stéphane Ducasse
marcus probably knows.

let us what he is saying.

On 30 Apr 2020, at 13:44, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi!, Anyone here is moderator in the Pharo Users list?

I want to automate the release announcement of projects in github/ba-st org. I'm using sendgrid to send the e-mails and I'm getting a returning mail saying: "Your message to Pharo-users awaits moderator approval".

I subscribed previously to the list the e-mail account used as mail sender.

Thank you for your help!
Gabriel

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Automating release announcements

gcotelli
I finally figure out how to make it work. For this mailing list you have to send the e-mail in CC and not BCC, because if not it gets retained awaiting for moderator approval.
In case anyone is interested here is the GitHub action making the magic: https://github.com/ba-st-actions/email-release-notification

Regards,
Gabriel

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 9:13 AM Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
marcus probably knows.

let us what he is saying.

On 30 Apr 2020, at 13:44, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi!, Anyone here is moderator in the Pharo Users list?

I want to automate the release announcement of projects in github/ba-st org. I'm using sendgrid to send the e-mails and I'm getting a returning mail saying: "Your message to Pharo-users awaits moderator approval".

I subscribed previously to the list the e-mail account used as mail sender.

Thank you for your help!
Gabriel

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Automating release announcements

Ben Coman

On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 00:26, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I finally figure out how to make it work. For this mailing list you have to send the e-mail in CC and not BCC, because if not it gets retained awaiting for moderator approval.
In case anyone is interested here is the GitHub action making the magic: https://github.com/ba-st-actions/email-release-notification

 Cool !!   Thanks for sharing Gabriel.

cheers -ben