Autotest / TDD + screencast

laurent laffont
Hi,

Here's a first usable version of Autotest (automatic test runner, inspired by Ruby's ZentTest autotest).

The goal is to have instant feedback on the code you

The screencast to see it in action: http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharo/autotest_1.mpeg

To load it:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'Autotest';
package: 'Autotest';
load

Comments are welcome as I have to rewrite it better :) Repository is read / write for those who wants to contribute.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Autotest / TDD + screencast

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Hi Laurent,

Cool! I like the idea.

Now, what happens if there are too many tests?
One solution would be to ask the user if (s)he wants to run all tests if there are more than say 300, though I feel that this will quickly become painful.

Noury

On 4 juin 2010, at 23:12, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a first usable version of Autotest (automatic test runner, inspired by Ruby's ZentTest autotest).
>
> The goal is to have instant feedback on the code you
>
> The screencast to see it in action: http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharo/autotest_1.mpeg
>
> To load it:
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Autotest';
> package: 'Autotest';
> load
>
> Comments are welcome as I have to rewrite it better :) Repository is read / write for those who wants to contribute.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont
>
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Autotest / TDD + screencast

laurent laffont

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Laurent,

Cool! I like the idea.

Now, what happens if there are too many tests?
One solution would be to ask the user if (s)he wants to run all tests if there are more than say 300, though I feel that this will quickly become painful.

For fun, try to change a method named size :).... and yes, we should limit the number of tests run. I want to add heuristics to run only tests of the same package, disable long tests, ....

The repository is read / write, feel free to play and commit.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/

Noury

On 4 juin 2010, at 23:12, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a first usable version of Autotest (automatic test runner, inspired by Ruby's ZentTest autotest).
>
> The goal is to have instant feedback on the code you
>
> The screencast to see it in action: http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharo/autotest_1.mpeg
>
> To load it:
>
> Gofer new
>       squeaksource: 'Autotest';
>       package: 'Autotest';
>       load
>
> Comments are welcome as I have to rewrite it better :) Repository is read / write for those who wants to contribute.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont
>
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

BUG report

HwaJong Oh
I have experienced Autotest-LaurentLaffont.62.mcz does not display any test results, while Autotest-jl.61.mcz does.