Awkwarddescription of development process inbox/treated stuff

Awkwarddescription of development process inbox/treated stuff

timrowledge
I just noticed that the description of what to do for inbox/treated is a bit painful. There seems to be a confusion between the name of the repository that we would use in the MC repository info (http://source.squeak.org/inbox) and the URL for the relevant project webpage to visit to move inbox items to treated (http://source.squeak.org/inbox.html).

I suggest that we might change the URL mentioned in the section 'How Commits to the Inbox are Merged' to add the '.html' and thus direct to the project page. Does that make better sense?

tim
"Bother" said Pooh, as his rucksack opened whilst skydiving

Re: Awkwarddescription of development process inbox/treated stuff

David T. Lewis
On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 01:21:39PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> I just noticed that the description of what to do for inbox/treated
> is a bit painful. There seems to be a confusion between the name of
> the repository that we would use in the MC repository info
> (http://source.squeak.org/inbox) and the URL for the relevant project
> webpage to visit to move inbox items to treated (http://source.squeak.org/inbox.html).
>
> I suggest that we might change the URL mentioned in the section 'How
> Commits to the Inbox are Merged' to add the '.html' and thus direct to
> the project page. Does that make better sense?

Just in case any of this gets summarized and posted somewhere, such as
maybe on a swiki page, then it would be good to add a link to it from
the source.squeak.org home page.

Currently it has been saying this for about the last ten years or so:

   "You might want to read A New Community Development Model. More info soon."

It would be great if the "More info soon" part could be a link to something
cool about our current best practices.

Or maybe it could just be a link to a page that says "our development model
turned out to be so fabulously perfect that no additional information was
ever deemed necessary."

;-)

Dave

Re: Awkwarddescription of development process inbox/treated stuff

marcel.taeumel
Hi Tim.

Ah, I forgot that. I recently revised the texts for FFI, FFIinbox, and trunk. Maybe you can look at all of them and make some corrections?

I think that the most up-to-date information is on https://squeak.org/development_process/. So we should derive information relevant for the particular squeaksource repo entry pages from there.

Best,
Marcel