Baby Color Picker

KenDickey
Well, I have not seen postings for a while now.

Here is another bit of code which hopes to grow up to something.  In this case a Color Picker.

Call it an advanced prototype.

See
        https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps
for
        Morphic-ColorEditor.pck.st

Early days yet.  Please send suggestions.
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

-KenD

Re: Baby Color Picker

garduino
Nice!

A pic attached, to the curious people like me :)

2013/12/2 Ken Dickey <[hidden email]>
Well, I have not seen postings for a while now.

Here is another bit of code which hopes to grow up to something.  In this case a Color Picker.

Call it an advanced prototype.

See
        https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps
for
        Morphic-ColorEditor.pck.st

Early days yet.  Please send suggestions.
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

coloeditor.jpeg (27K) Download Attachment

Re: Baby Color Picker

Juan Vuletich-4
On 12/2/2013 10:53 PM, Ken Dickey wrote:

> Well, I have not seen postings for a while now.
>
> Here is another bit of code which hopes to grow up to something.  In this case a Color Picker.
>
> Call it an advanced prototype.
>
> See
> https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps
> for
> Morphic-ColorEditor.pck.st
>
> Early days yet.  Please send suggestions.

Hi Ken,

This is really great. I really like the way you allow two parameters in
the color square and the other in the slider. Just one question... Isn't
the slider reversed? I mean, shouldn't the value increase upwards?

Thanks,
Juan Vuletich

Re: Baby Color Picker

KenDickey
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:06:41 -0300
Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...Just one question... Isn't
> the slider reversed? I mean, shouldn't the value increase upwards?

Right you are.  It is upside down.  Early days.

I plan to do a color slider.  The slider will show the range of color from min to max in the selected dimension.

There is a JavaScript version which does this at:
  http://johndyer.name/lab/colorpicker/

I may also add "Closest named color" to show CSS3 named web color with name and value.

I am currently looking at how to drag 'n drop colors onto morphs with the least mechanism.  I will update the code shortly.  Currently I have added a "Show my Drop Target" selection to the morph menu which pops up a "use once" DropTargetMorph.  Then one drags the selected color from the FocusRing on the ColorPaneMorph onto the DropTargetMorph and the color changes.  If the target morph has multiple color setters, you get a choice.  So one can set color: borderColor: or whatever is available.

Hey, it is an _evolving_ prototype!
-KenD

-KenD

Re: Baby Color Picker

Hannes Hirzel
On 12/4/13, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:06:41 -0300
> Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ...Just one question... Isn't
>> the slider reversed? I mean, shouldn't the value increase upwards?
>
> Right you are.  It is upside down.  Early days.
>
> I plan to do a color slider.  The slider will show the range of color from
> min to max in the selected dimension.
>
> There is a JavaScript version which does this at:
>   http://johndyer.name/lab/colorpicker/
>
> I may also add "Closest named color" to show CSS3 named web color with name
> and value.

       +1 , Great!