Back to '96, when Dolphin was new

Nils Kassube-3
Here is an article by Alan Knight from 1996 about a new
Smalltalk environment: Intuitive's Dolphin.

http://www.macqueen.us/smalltalkReport/ST/ST10/22kn.pdf

Re: Back to '96, when Dolphin was new

jWarrior
the pdfs for all the articles in the smalltalk report from
1991 through 1996 are at www.macqueen.us.

"Nils Kassube" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Here is an article by Alan Knight from 1996 about a new
> Smalltalk environment: Intuitive's Dolphin.
>
> http://www.macqueen.us/smalltalkReport/ST/ST10/22kn.pdf

Re: Back to '96, when Dolphin was new

Jochen Riekhof
> > http://www.macqueen.us/smalltalkReport/ST/ST10/22kn.pdf

Wow, cool collection! Thanks a lot for the link!

Ciao

...Jochen

Re: Back to '96, when Dolphin was new

Federico Balaguer-2
"Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<bl2a3u$5cu$[hidden email]>...
> the pdfs for all the articles in the smalltalk report from
> 1991 through 1996 are at www.macqueen.us.
>
> "Nils Kassube" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > Here is an article by Alan Knight from 1996 about a new
> > Smalltalk environment: Intuitive's Dolphin.
> >
> > http://www.macqueen.us/smalltalkReport/ST/ST10/22kn.pdf

Donald great collection!
It only worked for me when I install Acrobat Reader and visit the
index page using Internet Explorer. Others can find the same problem.

Federico

Re: Back to '96, when Dolphin was new

jWarrior
"Federico Balaguer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> "Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:<bl2a3u$5cu$[hidden email]>...

> > the pdfs for all the articles in the smalltalk report from
> > 1991 through 1996 are at www.macqueen.us.
> >
> > "Nils Kassube" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> > news:[hidden email]...
> > > Here is an article by Alan Knight from 1996 about a new
> > > Smalltalk environment: Intuitive's Dolphin.
> > >
> > > http://www.macqueen.us/smalltalkReport/ST/ST10/22kn.pdf
>
> Donald great collection!
> It only worked for me when I install Acrobat Reader and visit the
> index page using Internet Explorer. Others can find the same problem.
>
> Federico

i'm not sure what you are saying here. all the links are to pdf files.
please elaborate.

Re: Back to '96, when Dolphin was new

F.Balaguer
I had problems accesing the articles. I am not sure what was the problem
but using mozilla 1.4 and ghostview on a win xp pro machine I wasn't
able to navigate the index pages of the collection.
I tried downloading acrobat reader but didn't work either. I guess the
problem is that mozilla doesn't run acrobat as a plugin but it launches
acrobat as a separate process.

I was able to access the articles as soon as tried IE + acrobat reader.
Of course this can be result of the particular configuration of my machine.
The collection is great, I already downloaded a bunch of articles.

Federico

Federico Balaguer <[hidden email]> writes:

> problem is that mozilla doesn't run acrobat as a plugin but it
> launches acrobat as a separate process.

Worked fine on my Win XP system with Mozilla Firebird and Mozilla, the
current versions, utilizing Acrobat Reader as a plugin. I didn't do
anything special, out-of-the-box configuration. Was your Acrobat
Reader installation after the Mozilla one? Maybe you simply didn't
install the plugin for Mozilla?