classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bad backwards scrolling selection extension bug

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel, Hi All,

I notice that backwards scrolling selection extension no longer works properly, at least in the Transcript.

To reproduce, ensure your Transcript is full of many lines of text.  Scroll to the bottom.  Click and hold the left button at the end of the selection.  While holding the button down move the mouse to the top of the Transcript window (or a little beyond) to start scrolling backwards while extending the text selection.  It used to be that the text selection would continue to extend from the current cursor/mouse point to the end of the selection.  This no longer happens.  This is a rather serious text selection regression.  IMO it needs to be fixed before the next release.

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bad backwards scrolling selection extension bug

Chris Muller-3
Confirmed in a scrollable Workspace, too.  Down seems to work, just not up...

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 1:29 PM Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Marcel, Hi All,

I notice that backwards scrolling selection extension no longer works properly, at least in the Transcript.

To reproduce, ensure your Transcript is full of many lines of text.  Scroll to the bottom.  Click and hold the left button at the end of the selection.  While holding the button down move the mouse to the top of the Transcript window (or a little beyond) to start scrolling backwards while extending the text selection.  It used to be that the text selection would continue to extend from the current cursor/mouse point to the end of the selection.  This no longer happens.  This is a rather serious text selection regression.  IMO it needs to be fixed before the next release.

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Hi Eliot,

confirmed. I will look into it. Already have an idea where to look...

Best,
Marcel

Am 17.12.2019 22:58:07 schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:

Hi Marcel, Hi All,

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Jakob Reschke
Is it possible to write tests for this with additional Hands etc?

Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 18. Dez. 2019, 10:19:
Hi Eliot,

Best,
Marcel

Hi Marcel, Hi All,

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Hi all!

Sure. :-) It's not that challenging to generate user-input events and then call #processEvent: on some morph. See UserInputEventTests.

Fixed in Morphic-mt.1610.

Best,
Marcel

Am 18.12.2019 10:34:14 schrieb Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]>:

Hi Eliot,

Best,
Marcel

Hi Marcel, Hi All,

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 7:45 AM Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all!

Sure. :-) It's not that challenging to generate user-input events and then call #processEvent: on some morph. See UserInputEventTests.

Fixed in Morphic-mt.1610.

Thank you, man!!!

Best,
Marcel

Am 18.12.2019 10:34:14 schrieb Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]>:

Hi Eliot,

Best,
Marcel

Hi Marcel, Hi All,

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot