Bad baseline practices

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list

I’m not sure why, but I’ve noticed baselines being changed to refer to
patch versions for releases. Why are the old configuration problems
repeated?

Stephan

Re: Bad baseline practices

CyrilFerlicot
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 6:03 PM Stephan Eggermont via Pharo-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m not sure why, but I’ve noticed baselines being changed to refer to
> patch versions for releases. Why are the old configuration problems
> repeated?

Which project are you talking about?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Bad baseline practices

Stephan Eggermont-3
Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 6:03 PM Stephan Eggermont via Pharo-dev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> I’m not sure why, but I’ve noticed baselines being changed to refer to
>> patch versions for releases. Why are the old configuration problems
>> repeated?
>
> Which project are you talking about?

In a plain Pharo 7 image

BaselineOfCalypso
BaselineOfCommander
BaselineOfSystemCommands

Stephan

Re: Bad baseline practices

NorbertHartl

> Am 16.01.2019 um 09:42 schrieb Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]>:
>
> Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 6:03 PM Stephan Eggermont via Pharo-dev
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> I’m not sure why, but I’ve noticed baselines being changed to refer to
>>> patch versions for releases. Why are the old configuration problems
>>> repeated?
>>
>> Which project are you talking about?
>
> In a plain Pharo 7 image
>
> BaselineOfCalypso
> BaselineOfCommander
> BaselineOfSystemCommands
>
> Stephan

Wasn’t the problem that the wildcard notation is likely to hit the github API request limit?

Norbert

Re: Bad baseline practices

CyrilFerlicot
On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 9:59 AM Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > In a plain Pharo 7 image
> >
> > BaselineOfCalypso
> > BaselineOfCommander
> > BaselineOfSystemCommands

In which version? Because in the latest I do not see any floating version.

I know that Denis uses floating version but only for the development
version, not for release.

> > Stephan
> >
> Wasn’t the problem that the wildcard notation is likely to hit the github API request limit?

No, Denis is uring branches name v0.9.x for example to not use tags.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Bad baseline practices

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Stephan.

There was discussion about it. And idea is to have reproducible builds for Pharo. With floating versions we can't achieve it (at least with current tools).

In addition I maintain floating branches for those projects (v0.15.x). So for your own projects you can reference them instead of static versions.

ср, 16 янв. 2019 г., 8:45 Stephan Eggermont [hidden email]: