Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Torsten Bergmann
>Solutions I see:

For the second time:
Why not use the #isAbstract trick I proposed on [1]?
This makes the unit test an abstract one on non-mac platforms
and is the simplest thing that could possibly work ...

Bye
Torsten

[1] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009640.html

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Miguel Cobá
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Torsten Bergmann<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>Solutions I see:
>
> For the second time:
> Why not use the #isAbstract trick I proposed on [1]?
> This makes the unit test an abstract one on non-mac platforms
> and is the simplest thing that could possibly work ...

+10
Oh, nice explanation, I vote for doing it abstract and dependent on
isMacintosh until
there is a windows and linux proxy.

> Bye
> Torsten
>

> [1] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009640.html

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Solutions I see:

For the second time:
Why not use the #isAbstract trick I proposed on [1]?
This makes the unit test an abstract one on non-mac platforms
and is the simplest thing that could possibly work ...

I don't know if this is the approach I like most. I mean, is correct a class to be abstract depending on the platform?  If this is true, ok, I like your solution heheh. If that is not correct,

What about doing this:

HostSystemMenusTest class>>expectedFailures

SmalltalkImage current platformName = 'Mac OS' ifFalse:[
     ^#(#testXXX #testYYY)].
].
^#()

Best,

Mariano

Bye
Torsten

[1] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009640.html

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Damien Cassou
2009/7/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> HostSystemMenusTest class>>expectedFailures
>
> SmalltalkImage current platformName = 'Mac OS' ifFalse:[
>      ^#(#testXXX #testYYY)].
> ].
> ^#()

Expected failures are indications of bugs that are not yet corrected.
Does not seem to apply here.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/7/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> HostSystemMenusTest class>>expectedFailures
>
> SmalltalkImage current platformName = 'Mac OS' ifFalse:[
>      ^#(#testXXX #testYYY)].
> ].
> ^#()

Expected failures are indications of bugs that are not yet corrected.
Does not seem to apply here.

ahhh okok. So...shall we go for torsten solution ?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Adrian Lienhard

On Jul 28, 2009, at 14:51 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
>> 2009/7/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>>> HostSystemMenusTest class>>expectedFailures
>>>
>>> SmalltalkImage current platformName = 'Mac OS' ifFalse:[
>>>     ^#(#testXXX #testYYY)].
>>> ].
>>> ^#()
>>
>> Expected failures are indications of bugs that are not yet corrected.
>> Does not seem to apply here.
>

> ahhh okok. So...shall we go for torsten solution ?

Yes.

Adrian

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jul 28, 2009, at 14:51 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
>> 2009/7/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>>> HostSystemMenusTest class>>expectedFailures
>>>
>>> SmalltalkImage current platformName = 'Mac OS' ifFalse:[
>>>     ^#(#testXXX #testYYY)].
>>> ].
>>> ^#()
>>
>> Expected failures are indications of bugs that are not yet corrected.
>> Does not seem to apply here.
>

> ahhh okok. So...shall we go for torsten solution ?

Yes.

I also attached a possible changeset.

best,

Mariano

Adrian

>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Miguel Cobá
It works ok on my

Debian Linux 5.0 (Lenny) i386.
Debian Linux 5.0 (Lenny) amd64.

Miguel Cobá

2009/7/28 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 28, 2009, at 14:51 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]

>> > ahhh okok. So...shall we go for torsten solution ?
>>
>> Yes.

> I also attached a possible changeset.
>
> best,
>
> Mariano
>

>> Adrian

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Miguel Cobá
should the ticket be marked as verified?

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Miguel Cobá<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works ok on my
>
> Debian Linux 5.0 (Lenny) i386.
> Debian Linux 5.0 (Lenny) amd64.
>
> Miguel Cobá
>
> 2009/7/28 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

>>> Yes.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=996
>>
>> I also attached a possible changeset.
>>
>> best,
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>>> Adrian

Re: Baseline test results on pharo core 10392

Adrian Lienhard
Yes, if you tested it and think it is good, please change the status
to verified.

Cheers,
Adrian