Beginner's question on morphs

Markus Stumptner
Hi, I'm trying to refamiliarize with Pharo again after a few years...
trying to set up a simple game window  that uses a very large scrollable
game board with a huge image as the background, so that game pieces
placed on that background would scroll in and out of view. Any hints as
how to best set that up in Morphic?

Thanks
Markus

Re: Beginner's question on morphs

Henrik Nergaard
http://ws.stfx.eu/1RCNV18R5J7E

Best regards,
Henrik

Hi, I'm trying to refamiliarize with Pharo again after a few years...
trying to set up a simple game window  that uses a very large scrollable game board with a huge image as the background, so that game pieces placed on that background would scroll in and out of view. Any hints as how to best set that up in Morphic?

Thanks
Markus

Re: Beginner's question on morphs

Stephan Eggermont-3
http://ws.stfx.eu/4I40UQDA50U0

shows how to add scaling.

Stephan

Re: Beginner's question on morphs

Clément Béra
Alternatively, I do that using a SDL window. This way, the production game can be launched using SDL and pharo headless, and not have the overhead of the morphic rendering loop.

http://ws.stfx.eu/1RCNV18R5J7E

Best regards,
Henrik

Re: Beginner's question on morphs

stepharo
Clement

you will have (after the deadline) to publish your code :)

Stef

Le 13/3/16 16:31, Clément Bera a écrit :
Alternatively, I do that using a SDL window. This way, the production game can be launched using SDL and pharo headless, and not have the overhead of the morphic rendering loop.

http://ws.stfx.eu/1RCNV18R5J7E

Best regards,
Henrik

Re: Beginner's question on morphs

stepharo
Thanks for your question and thank you guys for the answer.
I'm turning in into a small challenges (how to) for the mooc :)

Stef

Le 13/3/16 14:48, Markus Stumptner a écrit :

> Hi, I'm trying to refamiliarize with Pharo again after a few years...
> trying to set up a simple game window  that uses a very large
> scrollable game board with a huge image as the background, so that
> game pieces placed on that background would scroll in and out of view.
> Any hints as how to best set that up in Morphic?
>
> Thanks
> Markus

Re: Beginner's question on morphs

Markus Stumptner