Best Spreading Smalltalk Actions

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Although the technology is important, spreading the word is also of great value to the Smalltalk community.
This is why the ESUG board decided to distinguish two people for their actions on this-level:

-Damien Cassou
for Squeak-dev: an initiative which makes developers life easier by setting a ready to use image including best available tools.

-Laurent Laffont
for Pharocast: quality screencasts that illustrates various facets of
http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Damien and Laurent!

Noury @ ESUG 2010 - Barcelona :-)
---
18th International Smalltalk Joint Conference, September 13 -17 2010 Barcelona, Spain.
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2010

Re: [Pharo-project] Best Spreading Smalltalk Actions

Tudor Girba
Congratulations! Your efforts are really appreciated.

Doru

On 16 Sep 2010, at 19:41, laurent laffont wrote:

> Thank you !!
>
> Laurent
>
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Although the technology is important, spreading the word is also of great value to the Smalltalk community.
> This is why the ESUG board decided to distinguish two people for their actions on this-level:
>
> -Damien Cassou
> for Squeak-dev: an initiative which makes developers life easier by setting a ready to use image including best available tools.
>
> -Laurent Laffont
> for Pharocast: quality screencasts that illustrates various facets of
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
>
> Congratulations Damien and Laurent!
>
> Noury @ ESUG 2010 - Barcelona :-)
> ---
> 18th International Smalltalk Joint Conference, September 13 -17 2010 Barcelona, Spain.
> http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2010

www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: [Pharo-project] Best Spreading Smalltalk Actions

Stéphane Ducasse
Stay tuned :) the new board acted that it will launch a lot of new actions
        Sponsoring local user groups
        Conference sponsoring Smalltalk Solutions, Smalltalks
        Smalltalk in the cloud
        Smalltalk and robots
        Smalltalk web Archive
        Summertalk Project...
But we will have two ESUG action ambassadors: Alain Plantec and Serge Stinckwich

Stef

On Sep 17, 2010, at 8:27 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Congratulations! Your efforts are really appreciated.
>
> Doru
>

> On 16 Sep 2010, at 19:41, laurent laffont wrote:
>
>> Thank you !!
>>
>> Laurent
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Although the technology is important, spreading the word is also of great value to the Smalltalk community.
>> This is why the ESUG board decided to distinguish two people for their actions on this-level:
>>
>> -Damien Cassou
>> for Squeak-dev: an initiative which makes developers life easier by setting a ready to use image including best available tools.
>>
>> -Laurent Laffont
>> for Pharocast: quality screencasts that illustrates various facets of
>> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Congratulations Damien and Laurent!
>>
>> Noury @ ESUG 2010 - Barcelona :-)
>> ---
>> 18th International Smalltalk Joint Conference, September 13 -17 2010 Barcelona, Spain.
>> http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2010

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

ESUG actions (was: Best Spreading Smalltalk Actions)

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Hi,

ESUG is willing to support all actions everywhere.
The "E" of ESUG can also be interpreted as "Earth-wide" :-)

In places where there are Smalltalk groups we help them (sponsoring).
Otherwise we push their creation.

If you have a project that might help the Smalltalk community in someway (free software project, writing books, organizing an event, ...), you are eligible to ESUG support. Just submit your proposal to the ESUG board ([hidden email]) and you'll get quickly an answer.

You can find a list of ESUG actions on-line:
http://www.esug.org/Promotion

Noury
ESUG Treasurer
www.esug.org

On 21 sept. 2010, at 13:25, Germán Arduino wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I agree with Mariano, ESUG is sponsoring me even when I do not live in
> Europe and I can not even go to conferences in Europe.
>
> Also they helped me to present my products in two editions of
> Innovation Technology Awards, without being present.
>
> Thanks ESUG.
>

> 2010/9/21 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> As far as sponsoring local user groups: does this apply only in Europe? Or
>>> can people outside of Europe also ask for support?
>>
>> I think they can. We got sponsored twice for SqueakDBX and we were  living
>> in Argentina. German is now sponsored for RPC project and he also lives
>> there.
>>
>> In addition, FAST (which can be kind of local user group in Argentina)
>> received something too.
>>
>> But maybe I am wrong....I cc'ed esug mailing list.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> mariano

> Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
> Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
> PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: Best Spreading Smalltalk Actions

Geert Claes
Administrator
Congrats guys!

Re: [Pharo-project] ESUG actions (was: Best Spreading Smalltalk Actions)

:)

This is fun because one of the board member raised the question just before this remark.
We are not sure that rebranding is good but so far I like your slogan.
And we welcome any smalltalker.

The goals of esug are simple (you can see that in the first talk of esug and also the one of serge about future actions)
        - create energy in the community (via the conf via new user groups)
        - support open-source development
        - support business in Smalltalk
        - push/help teacher teaching Smalltalk
        - bring open-source and business together (check my last talk at Barcelona - we need strong vendors and strong open-source)
ESUG never took into account geographic perspective, we sent books all over the world in the past.
And student volunteers came from everywhere :)

Stef