Best way to distribut a pharo application to end users ...

Best way to distribut a pharo application to end users ...

patrick71
Hi,

About the best way to distribut a pharo application I understand with
documentation about Pharo there is a Moticello packages way but the end
user need to install Pharo at first...

I was looking for a way like standard windows application with an
install procedure with/or building a simple 32/64 bit binary executable
or building a java application... Could you tell me if this is possible ?

Thank you for your help.

Patrick

Re: Best way to distribut a pharo application to end users ...

stepharo
Hello Patrick,

A quick answer before going to the sea :)....

Have a look at the PharoLauncher. It shows how to deploy an app on
multiple platforms.

Basically you can ship a VM and a prepared image with your packages loaded.

Stef

Le 17/7/16 à 07:33, anonyme a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> About the best way to distribut a pharo application I understand with
> documentation about Pharo there is a Moticello packages way but the
> end user need to install Pharo at first...
>
> I was looking for a way like standard windows application with an
> install procedure with/or building a simple 32/64 bit binary
> executable or building a java application... Could you tell me if this
> is possible ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Patrick

Re: Best way to distribut a pharo application to end users ...

abergel
Hi Patrick,

Monticello packages are good for versioning your applications. If you wish to distribute an application to endusers, best is to bundle an package with the image.
The enduser simply has to download one big file (the bundle), and double click to open it.

Hope it helps.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu