Best wishes for 2014

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi pharoers

Sometimes I think that we are crazy to build this system but this is really
important to have dreams and make them becoming true. :)
I really like what we are doing: we are building a strong community and a really great system.
Of course it could be better but it is going in the right direction at full speed.
Now remember that Pharo is not ours but YOURS and you can get an impact!
Pharo is not read-only.

This year we got some nice and important changes. I think that in 2014 we will have some
important improvements. We will have to finish what we started and build a solid ground for
the next iteration.

I really like our community because it pushes me forward and because my dreams are becoming
reality :)

I wish you a lot of success and health.

Re: Best wishes for 2014

Uko2
Happy new year all!

And thank you Stef, for being the centre of our galaxy and keeping us together.

Uko

On 31 Dec 2013, at 20:53, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi pharoers
>
> Sometimes I think that we are crazy to build this system but this is really
> important to have dreams and make them becoming true. :)
> I really like what we are doing: we are building a strong community and a really great system.
> Of course it could be better but it is going in the right direction at full speed.
> Now remember that Pharo is not ours but YOURS and you can get an impact!
> Pharo is not read-only.
>
> This year we got some nice and important changes. I think that in 2014 we will have some
> important improvements. We will have to finish what we started and build a solid ground for
> the next iteration.
>
> I really like our community because it pushes me forward and because my dreams are becoming
> reality :)
>
> I wish you a lot of success and health.
>
> Stef

Re: Best wishes for 2014

kilon.alios

Happy New Year to all
Light Guardians . I wish you to be healthy and full with passion to explore. I am so curious to see what kind of surprises you have in store for me for 2014.

Στις 31 Δεκ 2013 11:38 μ.μ., ο χρήστης "Yuriy Tymchuk" <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
Happy new year all!

And thank you Stef, for being the centre of our galaxy and keeping us together.

Uko

On 31 Dec 2013, at 20:53, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi pharoers
>
> Sometimes I think that we are crazy to build this system but this is really
> important to have dreams and make them becoming true. :)
> I really like what we are doing: we are building a strong community and a really great system.
> Of course it could be better but it is going in the right direction at full speed.
> Now remember that Pharo is not ours but YOURS and you can get an impact!
> Pharo is not read-only.
>
> This year we got some nice and important changes. I think that in 2014 we will have some
> important improvements. We will have to finish what we started and build a solid ground for
> the next iteration.
>
> I really like our community because it pushes me forward and because my dreams are becoming
> reality :)
>
> I wish you a lot of success and health.
>
> Stef

Re: Best wishes for 2014

abergel
Happy new year!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| view txt x y el shape size offset |
txt :=
'
xxxxx  xxxxx     xxx      x
x   x  x   x    x  x     x
   x   x   x   x   x    x x
  x    x   x       x    xxxxx
 x     x   x       x      x
xxxxx  xxxxx       x      x
'.
view := ROView new.
x := 0.
y := 0.
size := 20.
offset := 100 @ 100.
txt linesDo: [ :line |
        y := y + 1.
        line do: [ :c |
                x := x + 1.
                c = $x ifTrue: [
                        shape := (ROEllipse new size: size; color: (Color purple)).
                        el := shape element.
                        el translateTo: (800 atRandom @ 450 atRandom).
                        el on: ROMouseEnter do: [ :evt | ROColorAlphaFading new for: evt element nbCycles: 100 ].
                        view add: el.
                        ROLinearMove new nbCycles: 50; for: el to: ((x * size) @ (y * size) + offset)
                ]
        ].
   x := 0.
].
view openInWindowSized: 800 @ 450
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If you do not have Roassal loaded:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile'
        project: 'Roassal';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfRoassal';
        load.
        (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfRoassal) load
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Dec 31, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi pharoers
>
> Sometimes I think that we are crazy to build this system but this is really
> important to have dreams and make them becoming true. :)
> I really like what we are doing: we are building a strong community and a really great system.
> Of course it could be better but it is going in the right direction at full speed.
> Now remember that Pharo is not ours but YOURS and you can get an impact!
> Pharo is not read-only.
>
> This year we got some nice and important changes. I think that in 2014 we will have some
> important improvements. We will have to finish what we started and build a solid ground for
> the next iteration.
>
> I really like our community because it pushes me forward and because my dreams are becoming
> reality :)
>
> I wish you a lot of success and health.
>
> Stef

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Best wishes for 2014

NISHIHARA Satoshi-2
wow!

2014/1/1 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:

> Happy new year!!
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> | view txt x y el shape size offset |
> txt :=
> '
> xxxxx  xxxxx     xxx      x
> x   x  x   x    x  x     x
>    x   x   x   x   x    x x
>   x    x   x       x    xxxxx
>  x     x   x       x      x
> xxxxx  xxxxx       x      x
> '.
> view := ROView new.
> x := 0.
> y := 0.
> size := 20.
> offset := 100 @ 100.
> txt linesDo: [ :line |
>         y := y + 1.
>         line do: [ :c |
>                 x := x + 1.
>                 c = $x ifTrue: [
>                         shape := (ROEllipse new size: size; color: (Color purple)).
>                         el := shape element.
>                         el translateTo: (800 atRandom @ 450 atRandom).
>                         el on: ROMouseEnter do: [ :evt | ROColorAlphaFading new for: evt element nbCycles: 100 ].
>                         view add: el.
>                         ROLinearMove new nbCycles: 50; for: el to: ((x * size) @ (y * size) + offset)
>                 ]
>         ].
>    x := 0.
> ].
> view openInWindowSized: 800 @ 450
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> If you do not have Roassal loaded:
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile'
>         project: 'Roassal';
>         package: 'ConfigurationOfRoassal';
>         load.
>         (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfRoassal) load
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On Dec 31, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi pharoers
>>
>> Sometimes I think that we are crazy to build this system but this is really
>> important to have dreams and make them becoming true. :)
>> I really like what we are doing: we are building a strong community and a really great system.
>> Of course it could be better but it is going in the right direction at full speed.
>> Now remember that Pharo is not ours but YOURS and you can get an impact!
>> Pharo is not read-only.
>>
>> This year we got some nice and important changes. I think that in 2014 we will have some
>> important improvements. We will have to finish what we started and build a solid ground for
>> the next iteration.
>>
>> I really like our community because it pushes me forward and because my dreams are becoming
>> reality :)
>>
>> I wish you a lot of success and health.
>>
>> Stef

"NISHIHARA Satoshi"
[:goonsh :nsh | ^ nishis perform: goonsh with: nsh]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Best wishes for 2014

Tudor Girba-2
This is really beautiful :)

Doru

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Happy new year!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| view txt x y el shape size offset |
txt :=
'
xxxxx  xxxxx     xxx      x
x   x  x   x    x  x     x
   x   x   x   x   x    x x
  x    x   x       x    xxxxx
 x     x   x       x      x
xxxxx  xxxxx       x      x
'.
view := ROView new.
x := 0.
y := 0.
size := 20.
offset := 100 @ 100.
txt linesDo: [ :line |
        y := y + 1.
        line do: [ :c |
                x := x + 1.
                c = $x ifTrue: [
                        shape := (ROEllipse new size: size; color: (Color purple)).
                        el := shape element.
                        el translateTo: (800 atRandom @ 450 atRandom).
                        el on: ROMouseEnter do: [ :evt | ROColorAlphaFading new for: evt element nbCycles: 100 ].
                        view add: el.
                        ROLinearMove new nbCycles: 50; for: el to: ((x * size) @ (y * size) + offset)
                ]
        ].
   x := 0.
].
view openInWindowSized: 800 @ 450
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If you do not have Roassal loaded:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile'
        project: 'Roassal';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfRoassal';
        load.
        (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfRoassal) load
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Dec 31, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi pharoers
>
> Sometimes I think that we are crazy to build this system but this is really
> important to have dreams and make them becoming true. :)
> I really like what we are doing: we are building a strong community and a really great system.
> Of course it could be better but it is going in the right direction at full speed.
> Now remember that Pharo is not ours but YOURS and you can get an impact!
> Pharo is not read-only.
>
> This year we got some nice and important changes. I think that in 2014 we will have some
> important improvements. We will have to finish what we started and build a solid ground for
> the next iteration.
>
> I really like our community because it pushes me forward and because my dreams are becoming
> reality :)
>
> I wish you a lot of success and health.
>
> Stef

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] Best wishes for 2014

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
My best wishes to everyone as well.

Thank you Stef, Marcus and the rest of the community for pushing Pharo all these years: it has been a very interesting ride.

Yes, Pharo belongs to all of us, I am proud to be part of it.

I am sure 2014 will be just as exciting.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu