Best wishes for 2018

Torsten Bergmann
Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:

      World backgroundImage:
                (ZnEasy
                    getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
                    layout: #scaled

Have fun!

Bye
T.

Re: Best wishes for 2018

EstebanLM
Thanks Torsten,
I was about to write a similar mail.

Thanks to everybody for allow me to be your “guy to hate” :)
I will continue doing my best to make Pharo a better place for everybody, one step at a time.

happy new year!
Esteban

> On 29 Dec 2017, at 09:39, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
> May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:
>
>      World backgroundImage:
>                (ZnEasy
>                    getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
>            layout: #scaled
>
> Have fun!
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: Best wishes for 2018

HilaireFernandes
Don't worrry, we love you guy!

Happy new year

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Best wishes for 2018

kilon.alios
Can’t imagine myself ever coming remotely close to hating you. Big thanks to you and the rest of the community for keeping the dream alive and kicking. Looking back to 2011 when I first joined, Pharo has come a long way and nowadays it looks and is comparable to other far more popular languages and the fact our community is small is the ultimate proof of its high productivity.

What makes me most happy with Pharo is that it has retained all the important parts of Smalltalk and also, even though I never did and never will hesitate for a second to compare Pharo to other languages and break the misconceptions - prejudice against them, Pharo for me has become a breath of fresh air, not afraid to follow its own path but at the same time not afraid of embracing the practical needs of coders struggling with finding bugs and retaining this direct connection with the machine instead of being lost inside its own massive complexity.

Pharo has built a very solid yet flexible foundation that stands as the torch that keeps the flame alive and making Smalltalk more relevant to modern coders than ever before. It’s living proof that Smalltalk is not a relic of the past,an outdated philosophy, great in theory , bad in practice but a life form that is made of binary code like anything else but on the same time far more capable of surviving, adjusting , evolving and thriving in a world that accelerates to light speed in matters of technology and science even though the world still struggles with basic concepts.

Like a real transformer , Pharo is technology from the future and there is definetly more than meets the eye.

I wish health and happiness to all and as always

Keep dreaming with open mind

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 at 11:28, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Torsten,
I was about to write a similar mail.

Thanks to everybody for allow me to be your “guy to hate” :)
I will continue doing my best to make Pharo a better place for everybody, one step at a time.

happy new year!
Esteban

> On 29 Dec 2017, at 09:39, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
> May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:
>
>      World backgroundImage:
>                (ZnEasy
>                    getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
>                   layout: #scaled
>
> Have fun!
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: Best wishes for 2018

Stephane Ducasse-3
Tx. Nice picture!

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
> May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:
>
>       World backgroundImage:
>                 (ZnEasy
>                     getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
>                     layout: #scaled
>
> Have fun!
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: [Pharo-users] Best wishes for 2018

NorbertHartl

> Am 29.12.2017 um 10:27 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:
>
> Thanks Torsten,
> I was about to write a similar mail.
>
> Thanks to everybody for allow me to be your “guy to hate” :)
> I will continue doing my best to make Pharo a better place for everybody, one step at a time.

You are still by far the nicest  „guy to hate“ I’ve ever encountered ;)

> happy new year!

happy new year to you, too!

Norbert

> Esteban
>
>> On 29 Dec 2017, at 09:39, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
>> May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:
>>
>>     World backgroundImage:
>>               (ZnEasy
>>                   getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
>>            layout: #scaled
>>
>> Have fun!
>>
>> Bye
>> T.

Re: [Pharo-users] Best wishes for 2018

NorbertHartl
I want to second that. It has been another amazing year for pharo. And I think things have changed significantly. So 2018 should be really great!
I matched my personal not-to-serious goal

# ps aux | grep pharo | wc -l
59

So I have 59 pharo images in production. Next step will be to exceed 100 in 2018! And yes, I’m definitely interested in a bootstrapped image ;)

Thank you all for your amazing work. We are a great community!

Norbert

> Am 29.12.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
>
> Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
> May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:
>
>      World backgroundImage:
>                (ZnEasy
>                    getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
>            layout: #scaled
>
> Have fun!
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: [Pharo-users] Best wishes for 2018

Stephane Ducasse-3
:) I like this kind of metrics :) I want more of them :)

I wish everybody lot of success and business.

Stef

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to second that. It has been another amazing year for pharo. And I think things have changed significantly. So 2018 should be really great!
> I matched my personal not-to-serious goal
>
> # ps aux | grep pharo | wc -l
> 59
>
> So I have 59 pharo images in production. Next step will be to exceed 100 in 2018! And yes, I’m definitely interested in a bootstrapped image ;)
>
> Thank you all for your amazing work. We are a great community!
>
> Norbert
>

>> Am 29.12.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
>> May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:
>>
>>      World backgroundImage:
>>                (ZnEasy
>>                    getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
>>                   layout: #scaled
>>
>> Have fun!
>>
>> Bye
>> T.

Re: Best wishes for 2018

CyrilFerlicot

On ven. 29 déc. 2017 at 09:40, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Only a few days left for 2017. Thanks to all who helped shaping Pharos future.
May the lighthouse be with you in 2018 as well:

      World backgroundImage:
                (ZnEasy
                    getJpeg: 'https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/02c48424be88ee36d5300ad89033fd82.jpg')
                    layout: #scaled

Have fun!

Bye
T.

Happy new year everyone :)
--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Best wishes for 2018

Stephane Ducasse-3
you too :)

bpi

Re: [Pharo-users] Best wishes for 2018

bpi
And all on one machine?! Wow.

Happy New Year
Bernhard

> Am 31.12.2017 um 14:18 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>
> I want to second that. It has been another amazing year for pharo. And I think things have changed significantly. So 2018 should be really great!
> I matched my personal not-to-serious goal
>
> # ps aux | grep pharo | wc -l
> 59
>
> So I have 59 pharo images in production. Next step will be to exceed 100 in 2018! And yes, I’m definitely interested in a bootstrapped image ;)
>
> Thank you all for your amazing work. We are a great community!
>
> Norbert

Re: [Pharo-users] Best wishes for 2018

NorbertHartl
To be honest this is a beta virtual swarm where the exact number of deployed images is. It is less load here because it is beta. The production swarm has more machines. But the images are restricted to 128 MB heap and the machine has 64 GB memory. So no problem!

Norbert