Beta: browser missing splitters?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I wanted to take a look at Seaside 2.9's WADevelopment class, specifically how it automates saving packages.  After finding the download system for Seaside (very nice!), I had a great excuse to grab the beta and load 2.9 from a change set.  It worked - congrats to all involved.

One thing that stands out to me is that the panes in the browser appear to lack splitters, so one is stuck with their relative sizes :(

As a secondary item, when trying to click-drag where a splitter might be, it picks up the entire browser; IMHO, it should ignore the input.  Better still, it should have splitters.

Please view all of this as a success.  I loaded a beta web framework into a beta Smalltalk system, and that's worst that happened!  In fairness, I have not tried to use Seaside 2.9, but for now, I just want to organize the saving of my packages to go from my current image into the beta.

Bill

Re: Beta: browser missing splitters?

Damien Cassou
This seems related to Seaside and not to Pharo. Could you please repost there?

Thank you

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wanted to take a look at Seaside 2.9's WADevelopment class, specifically how it automates saving packages.  After finding the download system for Seaside (very nice!), I had a great excuse to grab the beta and load 2.9 from a change set.  It worked - congrats to all involved.
>
> One thing that stands out to me is that the panes in the browser appear to lack splitters, so one is stuck with their relative sizes :(
>
> As a secondary item, when trying to click-drag where a splitter might be, it picks up the entire browser; IMHO, it should ignore the input.  Better still, it should have splitters.
>
> Please view all of this as a success.  I loaded a beta web framework into a beta Smalltalk system, and that's worst that happened!  In fairness, I have not tried to use Seaside 2.9, but for now, I just want to organize the saving of my packages to go from my current image into the beta.
>
> Bill

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Beta: browser missing splitters?

Lukas Renggli
2009/8/16 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
> This seems related to Seaside and not to Pharo. Could you please repost there?

No, this is clearly not related to Seaside, but to OB and Pharo.

>> One thing that stands out to me is that the panes in the browser appear to lack splitters, so one is stuck with their relative sizes :(

That's an OB issue. It has been discussed on the OB list several
times. Unfortunately the problem cannot be easily solved, as when the
selection changes the navigation columns to the right get recreated.

>> As a secondary item, when trying to click-drag where a splitter might be, it picks up the entire browser; IMHO, it should ignore the input.  Better still, it should have splitters.

That's a Morphic issue. Morphic starts to drag the owning window if
the window background or a containing morph without drag/click action
is pressed.

Cheers,
Lukas

--