[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Pharaoers. I am pleased to announce the first Pharo 1.1 beta based on PharoCore-1.1-11367-Beta. It is the first time we build a Pharo 1.1 dev image with PharoCore 1.1 so the image may be not 100% stable. However, we think it is good to release it so that people can start to test it, load their own packages, adapt them, etc. We would like to receive feedback about it. It (yet) has failing and error tests.

The main changes with Pharo 1.0 is that of course, it is based on a PharoCore 1.1 with all that it means. We started to write down some of the actions done in PharoCore 1.1. The list so far can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ActionsInPharoOneDotOne
Of course, for the stable releae of Pharo 1.1 we will do a clear list in the website as we did for 1.0.

Regarding the included packages in 1.1 we added ScriptManager (a tool to manage and persist workspaces), ProfStefBrowser, ArchiveViewer, MethodWrappers and ObjectMetaTools (which includes things like ProtocolCatcher, ObjectTracer, ObjectViewer, etc).

Another difference is the font. In Pharo 1.0 we used TrueType fonts by default. In Pharo 1.1 we use StrikeFonts (no need of TrueType plugin, netiher to have the fonts). However, of course, you can disable StrikeFonts and put TrueType like in 1.0.

That's all. We would really appreciate you use it, test it, report issues, provide fixes, etc. It is important also that you start to use your own packages/applications. There have been several changes in 1.1 that may require change in your code.

Ahh if you want to create the image yourself, check as usually the installScript.st file to see how to do it. Actually, you can just take a PharoCore-1.1-11367-Beta image and evaluate (the same procedure as 1.0):

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPharo) project version: '1.1-beta1.10517') load.

Here is the link to the image:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27025/Pharo-1.1-11367-Betadev10.05.1.zip

Cheers

Mariano

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks mariano for your work!

Stef

On May 20, 2010, at 10:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi Pharaoers. I am pleased to announce the first Pharo 1.1 beta based on PharoCore-1.1-11367-Beta. It is the first time we build a Pharo 1.1 dev image with PharoCore 1.1 so the image may be not 100% stable. However, we think it is good to release it so that people can start to test it, load their own packages, adapt them, etc. We would like to receive feedback about it. It (yet) has failing and error tests.
>
> The main changes with Pharo 1.0 is that of course, it is based on a PharoCore 1.1 with all that it means. We started to write down some of the actions done in PharoCore 1.1. The list so far can be found here:
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ActionsInPharoOneDotOne
> Of course, for the stable releae of Pharo 1.1 we will do a clear list in the website as we did for 1.0.
>
> Regarding the included packages in 1.1 we added ScriptManager (a tool to manage and persist workspaces), ProfStefBrowser, ArchiveViewer, MethodWrappers and ObjectMetaTools (which includes things like ProtocolCatcher, ObjectTracer, ObjectViewer, etc).
>
> Another difference is the font. In Pharo 1.0 we used TrueType fonts by default. In Pharo 1.1 we use StrikeFonts (no need of TrueType plugin, netiher to have the fonts). However, of course, you can disable StrikeFonts and put TrueType like in 1.0.
>
> That's all. We would really appreciate you use it, test it, report issues, provide fixes, etc. It is important also that you start to use your own packages/applications. There have been several changes in 1.1 that may require change in your code.
>
> Ahh if you want to create the image yourself, check as usually the installScript.st file to see how to do it. Actually, you can just take a PharoCore-1.1-11367-Beta image and evaluate (the same procedure as 1.0):
>
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
>     load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPharo) project version: '1.1-beta1.10517') load.
>
> Here is the link to the image:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27025/Pharo-1.1-11367-Betadev10.05.1.zip
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

laurent laffont

tests result: 9449 run, 9356 passes, 57 expected failures, 16 failures, 20 errors, 0 unexpected passes

On Linux, squeakvm 4.0.3-2202

See attached screenshot.

How can I export test results into plain ASCII ?

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

sunit_pharo1.1_11367.png (50K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Stéphane Ducasse
No idea but this would be a useful addition.

Stef

On May 21, 2010, at 9:21 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tests result: 9449 run, 9356 passes, 57 expected failures, 16 failures, 20 errors, 0 unexpected passes
>
> On Linux, squeakvm 4.0.3-2202
>
> See attached screenshot.
>
> How can I export test results into plain ASCII ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont
>
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>
> <sunit_pharo1.1_11367.png>_______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/5/21 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
Hi,

tests result: 9449 run, 9356 passes, 57 expected failures, 16 failures, 20 errors, 0 unexpected passes

On Linux, squeakvm 4.0.3-2202

See attached screenshot.

Yes, more or less the same I have. Now people know where and how to help. There are both, PharoCore and external issues. Some are very easy. Just re run of the errors and failing ones and you will see. Some are easy, other difficult. But give them a try!

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

2010/5/21 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
Hi,

tests result: 9449 run, 9356 passes, 57 expected failures, 16 failures, 20 errors, 0 unexpected passes

On Linux, squeakvm 4.0.3-2202

See attached screenshot.

Yes, more or less the same I have. Now people know where and how to help. There are both, PharoCore and external issues. Some are very easy. Just re run of the errors and failing ones and you will see. Some are easy, other difficult. But give them a try!

I've seen some ProfStefBrowser tests fail. I'm looking at it.